Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I haven't look at his metrics lately but I don't think he's any better than Fournier and he's an RFA.

We seem set to move Evan and the market for him isn't as robust as you'd expect.  Might be a way to get a similar wing while shedding salary

39 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I've changed my answer twice. What WDM says is true but I think Young or Sexton will both be quite a bit better than DSJ and we have to take a shot with our own pick. Tough question P4TW!

Then why do you think someone would trade their top 5pick for Isaac and a 2019 pick? 

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

No team is going to trade us a top 5 for garbage, we would have to willing to sacrifice one of the players that nobody will want to trade. Personally I would trade Isaac and next year's lightly protected pick for a top 5 this year. I know most Magic fans will hate this one but I would also have to somewhat consider trading AG for a top 5 this year along with future picks and a couple of young players that look good. Both of those scenarios depend on finding takers for Payton and Vuc and what we get for them. I would love to be in a position to draft Young and Ayton to go with AG or Isaac and Birch. Our team really sucks and if we have any hope of getting better we have to make a lot of changes. Other than picks, AG, Isaac, and Fournier, we really have no assets that would be in demand. Fournier is nowhere near going to get us an early 1st. 

I agree that I don’t think anyone on the roster should be untouchable. Obviously Gordon would have to bring back a larger return. I think he’s the closest thing we have to a Star but something about him seems off for me. Can’t put my finger on it.

I think we have some decent trade pieces but most of them would be valuable to playoff teams as they’ve proven they can’t lead a team alone. More valuable as role players. Because of that, I don’t see a team in the bottom half of the league selling the farm for anyone on the roster other than MAYBE AG.

You can however trade them for pieces that fit the identity the team is building but might not be studs. All of which is important to turning this mess around.

haha I’m new here and rambled hard but it’s just a weird spot that we are in

3 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Watching the Timberwolves win. Is it just me or do we look better as a team when DJ is on the floor?

Maybe we should move Payton to the bench?

It unfortunately depends on which Payton shows up that game. 

Dunc'd on thinks the most likely to go is Shelvin Mack because of his non guarantee next year.

Could explain why he played so much over Iwundu last game.

I would definitely listen to offers for AG. He looks like a fringe Allstar to me and yes it is hard to put your finger on it, but he does seem to push at times and has defensive lapses; although it’s hard to not get excited about his pure athleticism. Granted he is still very young and has what I understand to be a incredible work ethic. He has the potential to be the man. 

7 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Then why do you think someone would trade their top 5pick for Isaac and a 2019 pick? 

I don't know that anyone would, I was just saying I would be willing to do the deal. I'm hoping that somebody besides Magic fans believe he was the best player in last year's draft in which case they would look at it like they were stealing :D

8 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't know that anyone would, I was just saying I would be willing to do the deal. I'm hoping that somebody besides Magic fans believe he was the best player in last year's draft in which case they would look at it like they were stealing :D

I know popovitch said that if he had the top pick he would have drafted Isaac 

39 minutes ago, ML6 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22179536/kawhi-leonard-relationship-san-antonio-spurs-becoming-strained

Now here's a dude you trade your unprotected pick for, should he ever become available.

Of course! But I think rather that this year pick, I will offer them fournier, Isaac and next year first round.  The spurs were and likely, still are very high on Isaac.

50 minutes ago, ML6 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22179536/kawhi-leonard-relationship-san-antonio-spurs-becoming-strained

Now here's a dude you trade your unprotected pick for, should he ever become available.

I don't see anywhere that suggests there's  a stranded relationship. Just mutual frustration over a slow rehabilitation.