Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

24 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Kemba will be like an eBay auction. He's a great player and almost every team is probably trying to figure out what they can offer for him. IMO it is the wrong time for us to have him and we need to get our PG of the future through the draft. We should be more focused on how we could possibly get a 2nd top 5 pick through a trade rather than selling the farm for a vet. One vet isn't going to make enough of a difference to be worth the price we have to pay.

agreed, I really like Kemba but both of us are kinda in the same position. Overpriced vets, no clear direction. If we got Kemba it would be like so what, he's got nothing here either. I think the Pistons could be a good trade partner. 

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

A Kemba trade will be ideal even with Batum included, as long as we keep this year pick and offer them next year, instead. I think the Batum and Isaac combo at SF will be amazing to have. I dont want Batum be a force in the offense. I want him to be great in defense and play a Danny Green role while Isaac develops. Batum can helps Isaac development. 

The trade should not affect who we select with our first round pick this year.  I will still to go after Young, Doncic or Ayton. Young and Kemba can play together at times as a PG/SG combo. Doncic will be good as a SG next to Kemba and Ayton will be ideal to pair with Berch and Biz inthe middle. 

Doncic needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Kemba will be like an eBay auction. He's a great player and almost every team is probably trying to figure out what they can offer for him. IMO it is the wrong time for us to have him and we need to get our PG of the future through the draft. We should be more focused on how we could possibly get a 2nd top 5 pick through a trade rather than selling the farm for a vet. One vet isn't going to make enough of a difference to be worth the price we have to pay.

Out of curiosity, what bottom 5 team is gonna sell their high pick for anything we have? I know Dallas has been mentioned, but I don't necessarily see it. Other bottom-dwelling teams are in similar situations to us and probably value top 5 picks just as much as we do.

6 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

Out of curiosity, what bottom 5 team is gonna sell their high pick for anything we have? I know Dallas has been mentioned, but I don't necessarily see it. Other bottom-dwelling teams are in similar situations to us and probably value top 5 picks just as much as we do.

There are actually 10 other teams beside us who are at 18 wins or fewer and they are all bunched up with a couple games of each other outside the bottom 3. So we don’t really know who the bottom 5 will be at the end of the season. That gives us a few more options but it would be a gamble with any of them given how tight things are. 

1 hour ago, billy5783 said:

No team is going to trade us a top 5 for garbage, we would have to willing to sacrifice one of the players that nobody will want to trade. Personally I would trade Isaac and next year's lightly protected pick for a top 5 this year. I know most Magic fans will hate this one but I would also have to somewhat consider trading AG for a top 5 this year along with future picks and a couple of young players that look good. Both of those scenarios depend on finding takers for Payton and Vuc and what we get for them. I would love to be in a position to draft Young and Ayton to go with AG or Isaac and Birch. Our team really sucks and if we have any hope of getting better we have to make a lot of changes. Other than picks, AG, Isaac, and Fournier, we really have no assets that would be in demand. Fournier is nowhere near going to get us an early 1st. 

43 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

No team is going to trade us a top 5 for garbage, we would have to willing to sacrifice one of the players that nobody will want to trade. Personally I would trade Isaac and next year's lightly protected pick for a top 5 this year. I know most Magic fans will hate this one but I would also have to somewhat consider trading AG for a top 5 this year along with future picks and a couple of young players that look good. Both of those scenarios depend on finding takers for Payton and Vuc and what we get for them. I would love to be in a position to draft Young and Ayton to go with AG or Isaac and Birch. Our team really sucks and if we have any hope of getting better we have to make a lot of changes. Other than picks, AG, Isaac, and Fournier, we really have no assets that would be in demand. Fournier is nowhere near going to get us an early 1st. 

Would you trade our unprotected pick for Dennis Smith and Dallas' pick this year? 

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Would you trade our unprotected pick for Dennis Smith and Dallas' pick this year? 

Without dsj they might lose a lot more games and we might win more than them so their pick might actually be better than ours

17 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I've changed my answer twice. What WDM says is true but I think Young or Sexton will both be quite a bit better than DSJ and we have to take a shot with our own pick. Tough question P4TW!

6 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

The number one guy i want in "reasonable" trade discussion is Rodney hood.  Need to snag two way players when they're available.  

I haven't look at his metrics lately but I don't think he's any better than Fournier and he's an RFA.