Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

We need to make a conscientious attempt to never use the term “young guns” again on this forum. 

The “young guns” dream ultimately died with the trade of Dipo :(

I kinda like the idea of taking Wes Matthews back. He’s got a player option for next season so I’d want to gauge if he’s exercising it. He might move on to a contender, once he sees what direction we’re trying to go. 

But even if he doesn’t we can trade him next season to help a team clear salary. 

Do people want Kemba? He’s a better player than anyone we have now for sure but is his supporting cast in Charlotte significantly worse than what he’d be playing with here? He’s led that team to a 18-25 record so far this year. When you factor in the bad contract we’ll have to take back and the future assets they’ll want, I’m not sure how this sets us on the path to relevancy.

31 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Do people want Kemba? He’s a better player than anyone we have now for sure but is his supporting cast in Charlotte significantly worse than what he’d be playing with here? He’s led that team to a 18-25 record so far this year. When you factor in the bad contract we’ll have to take back and the future assets they’ll want, I’m not sure how this sets us on the path to relevancy.

I've been thinking about this since the news of him being on the trade block surfaced yesterday.

I think getting Kemba is clearly worth it if it can be done without including this year's pick.  Taking back Batum is likely one avenue to do that.  If we include the pick, we're betting on a) Kemba not leaving in the summer of 2019 & b) Kemba being a better long-term option than the guards that we seem to be in good position to select in the draft.  That seems like too much of a gamble to me.

If we can somehow keep the pick, we've now got assets.  Lotto pick, Kemba, AG.  That's a road toward relevancy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

is his supporting cast in Charlotte significantly worse than what he’d be playing with here?

Hard to say without knowing the terms of a trade.  

But Charlotte has a pretty good starting lineup.  Kemba - batum -mkg- Marvin - Dwight is the second most played lineup in the league and is  basically as effective as Washington's starting lineup.  That lineup with lamb instead of batum has elite production.  

They should have a better record.  That's why this is surprising.  They could make a few tweaks to improve their backup pg and remake their rotation so it doesnt include regular 2 center lineups. They could easily be a playoff team.  

Kemba being traded to us with a fat chip on his shoulder could be nice..

As long as we do not give up this years pick and do not take Batum back i am warming to it

18 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Kemba being traded to us with a fat chip on his shoulder could be nice..

As long as we do not give up this years pick and do not take Batum back i am warming to it

It'd be nice if we made that trade and got to keep our pick, shut down batum for the rest of the year to get healthy, and then had batum return back into what he was last year.  

Not expecting him to get better though.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It'd be nice if we made that trade and got to keep our pick, shut down batum for the rest of the year to get healthy, and then had batum return back into what he was last year.  

Not expecting him to get better though.  

yeah i could get on board with that definitely

A Kemba trade will be ideal even with Batum included, as long as we keep this year pick and offer them next year, instead. I think the Batum and Isaac combo at SF will be amazing to have. I dont want Batum be a force in the offense. I want him to be great in defense and play a Danny Green role while Isaac develops. Batum can helps Isaac development. 

The trade should not affect who we select with our first round pick this year.  I will still to go after Young, Doncic or Ayton. Young and Kemba can play together at times as a PG/SG combo. Doncic will be good as a SG next to Kemba and Ayton will be ideal to pair with Berch and Biz inthe middle. 

• Like 1