Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

How I feel to a T.

Only thing is, are any of those draftees as good or better than Kemba as a pro?

If Young or Sexton isn't, it's probably worth it to not stress the draft. Will Donicic be any better than Mario? What about Ayton? 

So you hold firm at top 6 protections

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So you hold firm at top 6 protections

I'm still referring to draft positioning. Like you said, possibly 8th pick.

If Sexton, Young, Donicic, Ayton, turn out to be bigger pieces than Kemba, we missed out again in the draft.

3 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Link? 

Let me try and find it. Just out eating a meal. It was Vooch and Evan for Mcroberts.. Noel.. Seth Curry and Pick to us 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Would you do Kemba and Swap first this years 1st with them  P4TW or anybody else? 

Say we get 1-3 and Charlotte get 8-10

If we get kemba from them I think they might drop so low that we might finish ahead of them so I don’t think they would do that

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Let me try and find it. Just out eating a meal. It was Vooch and Evan for Mcroberts.. Noel.. Seth Curry and Pick to us 

That’s way too good of a deal for us I’d have to think. That’s a henny move for dallas

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I'm still referring to draft positioning. Like you said, possibly 8th pick.

If Sexton, Young, Donicic, Ayton, turn out to be bigger pieces than Kemba, we missed out again in the draft.

I don't really care because I'd have an all star.  

2014 was an ultra hyped draft.  Wiggins and jabari were two of the most hyped prospects ever.  Cleveland traded Wiggins for love.  Love isn't worth a number 1 pick. It worked out for Cleveland.  

Here's what I'm worried about.  We draft any of the top 3 and they take a while to make an impact (like we're seeing where most guys need 3-5 years to reach that plateau where their performance impacts winning) and we're just stuck in a loop of 

Draft guys

See value

Get impatient

Dump guys

Small improvement

Watch other guys improve elsewhere

Bottom out

Draft guys

See value

Get impatient...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I think that was misunderstanding of this: 

Orlando could send Vucevic to Dallas for nothing more than a low-to-no value pick or cash in one deal, and then in the next send Fournier for the all-expiring-contract package of McRoberts, Noel, and perhaps the injured Curry as the final piece of contractual filler. 

https://scout.com/nba/mavericks/Article/Source-Dallas-Mavericks-Exploring-Nuclear-Winter-Trade-Ideas-With-Orlando-Magic-113786037/Amp

9 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

That’s way too good of a deal for us I’d have to think. That’s a henny move for dallas

Hee found a guy that doesn't understand what he was reading.  The suggested deal was vucevic for a top 55 protected second and then Fournier for the spare parts

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think that was misunderstanding of this: 

Orlando could send Vucevic to Dallas for nothing more than a low-to-no value pick or cash in one deal, and then in the next send Fournier for the all-expiring-contract package of McRoberts, Noel, and perhaps the injured Curry as the final piece of contractual filler. 

https://scout.com/nba/mavericks/Article/Source-Dallas-Mavericks-Exploring-Nuclear-Winter-Trade-Ideas-With-Orlando-Magic-113786037/Amp

That was it! Yes but surely Evan for spare parts is where the pick to us comes in? Would be lovely for sure! 

Dallas may value Vooch and Evan super high??