Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

40 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I wonder if Portland would do Fournier, vucevic, and a top 3 protected 2018 pick for mccollum

Do we want a 27 year old CJ at 23 Per with where we are currently at in our rerebuild?

25 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Do we want a 27 year old CJ at 23 Per with where we are currently at in our rerebuild?

Peak basketball isn't reached until late 20s early 30s. I think a guy who is 27 is perfect. 

45 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's definitely something to think about

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Are there any CJ McCollum trade rumors out there? I've been seeing his name a LOT

Nothing solid.  Just something people throwing out there

29 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Peak basketball isn't reached until late 20s early 30s. I think a guy who is 27 is perfect. 

Yeah but it's also where we're at and where we'll be.

We're probably looking at 2-3 years before we're a legit playoff team if you factor in the development of AG and Issac and whoever else we draft or sign.

CJ will be 30 at that time.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We're probably looking at 2-3 years before we're a legit playoff team if you factor in the development of AG and Issac and whoever else we draft or sign.

It might be worth getting him for the next 2-3 years to get Gordon and Isaac some experience in better games

I’d trade for McCollum but no earlier than the deadline. Could be a missing piece depending on the draft and other moves. Help make the team better in the short term and bide time for the other guys to develop with a player of that caliber setting the example.

38 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It might be worth getting him for the next 2-3 years to get Gordon and Isaac some experience in better games

Maybe but would it hurt us in FA signings? If he doesn't tip the scale, we'd be stuck with a very expensive hard to trade piece and depending on future cap and future FA's, we could be watching potentially better FA's sign elsewhere. Ones that would tip the scale.

5 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

We’ve been hearing 2-3 years for quite some time so this just made me a laugh a little. Also, I’d be pretty shocked if we were a “legit” playoff team in 2-3 years. I guess it depends what your definition of legit playoff team is but to me that’s like top 3-5 in the East. I see nothing on our roster that makes me remotely think we will be that in 2-3 years. Playoff team in 2-3 years maybe but not contending for anything 

7 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

We’ve been hearing 2-3 years for quite some time so this just made me a laugh a little. Also, I’d be pretty shocked if we were a “legit” playoff team in 2-3 years. I guess it depends what your definition of legit playoff team is but to me that’s like top 3-5 in the East. I see nothing on our roster that makes me remotely think we will be that in 2-3 years. Playoff team in 2-3 years maybe but not contending for anything 

We were 2 years away two years ago before we decided to unload our talent and not replace it with comparable talent