Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I think I might take that. The Brooklyn pick has potential to fall. It could end up being a top 6 or 7 pick when the season is all said and done. Meaning we could land 2 of Ayton, Young, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Bamba, or Sexton. Shumpert next year could potentially be used as trade bait since he’ll have a nice expiring contract.  Also smith is only guaranteed 3,800,000 in 2019 so we could waive him then 

This is the kind of trade I think we need to be considering, though I'm not at all a fan of Smith or Shumpert. 

41 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yes

Maybe they can have it top 2 or 3 protected because outside of that I don’t think they aren’t going to find their next difference making franchise player. Therefore it’d be worth the gamble to improve the team and shed bad contracts in order to convince bron bron to stay

5 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Maybe they can have it top 2 or 3 protected because outside of that they aren’t going to find their next difference making franchise player. Therefore it’d be worth the gamble to improve the team and shed bad contracts in order to convince bron bron to stay

We should not be taking on 2  bad contracts unless we are getting our next difference making player which would mean we need a top 5.

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We should not be taking on 2  bad contracts unless we are getting our next difference making player which would mean we need a top 5.

I don’t think they are that bad of contracts. For a contender like the cavs they are but for a team blowing it up like us I wouldn’t really mind them too much for just 1 season. What I meant was that one player in the range of the 4-10 pick wouldn’t put the cavs in a great situation to rebuild. If Lebron and IT leaves they are absolutely screwed. They have more bad contracts than just Smith and Shumpert. They’d be in a worse boat than us I believe. We have at least started our young future core with AG and Isaac. So an additional guy in the 4-10 range would help us out a lot more than it would them. That pick wouldn’t need to be our savior just someone that can be a starter and fit our system well and grow with whoever we choose with our pick, AG and Isaac. I’m expecting a guy that could be our franchise difference maker/savior with our pick as we should have a much better shot at the top pick

I dont know I formulated all that to where it makes sense but it does in my mind kinda lol

Fournier would be great on the Cavs. I’ve always said if he was the 3rd or 4th option on a good team he would be a great player in that role. 

44 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Fournier would be great on the Cavs. I’ve always said if he was the 3rd or 4th option on a good team he would be a great player in that role. 

He's a fantastic spot up shooter.

Btw, signing Khem Birch kinda makes up for not picking up Mario's option. Birch was a fantastic find by the new management

Disclaimer: Post not to be taken seriously, just decided to have some fun with trade machine

Don't worry guys...I've figured out how to solve all of our problems

Step 1: (Include Nets pick)

5a5fc7b77e8aa_ScreenShot2018-01-17at3_56_39PM.png.9aaac82e3a0d2deb33a5feed3dacb711.png

Step 2: (Includes 2019 Magic pick)

5a5fc8e5ea054_ScreenShot2018-01-17at4_05_10PM.png.4bf8461c580f933bc546d3ef070ec6c0.png

Step 3: Eliminates bad contracts

Orlando Receives: Reggie Jackson and Malik Monk

Charlotte Receives: Aaron Afflalo

Detroit Pistons: Biyombo

PG -- Smith Jr. / Jackson / Mack

SG -- Shumpert / Monk / Simmons

SF -- Barnes / Iwundu

PF -- Gordon / Faried / Isaac 

C -- Noel / Speights / Birch

Good news is that even if these guys don't pan out, contracts are short. (And yes...I know that Dallas would never trade Smith Jr, but I'm a big fan of this kid)

1st First Round Draft Pick -- Marvin Bagley

2nd First Round Draft Pick -- Michael Porter Jr. 

Second Round Draft Pick -- Jalen Hudson

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He's a fantastic spot up shooter.

Btw, signing Khem Birch kinda makes up for not picking up Mario's option. Birch was a fantastic find by the new management

Lets not jump to too high of conclusions after only one game (but he was looking good last night).

• Upvote 1

We need us a Jimmy Butler type of guy! Much respect to JB for taking the loss like a man and calling out himself as well as his team. If you didn’t watch the interview, you should check it out. I love his accountability and toughness. He’s got the attitude we need to succeed! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Would Cleveland consider that? I will gladly take JR and Shump for that BK pick. Is them getting Fournier enough though? And can they integrate Fournier quickly enough to make it work.  Does he step right in as a starter? I’m guessing IT-Fournier-Crowder-LBJ-Love. Then wade, korver, and TT off the bench. Hmmmmm

I would think we would have to include Simmons and maybe Payton 

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Lets not jump to too high of conclusions after only one game (but he was looking good last night).

Fournier is and has been a very good spot up shooter for years. Last night, He was just incredible.