Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Kinda depends on how high you are on Mikal Bridges

I think I might take that. The Brooklyn pick has potential to fall. It could end up being a top 6 or 7 pick when the season is all said and done. Meaning we could land 2 of Ayton, Young, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Bamba, or Sexton. Shumpert next year could potentially be used as trade bait since he’ll have a nice expiring contract.  Also smith is only guaranteed 3,800,000 in 2019 so we could waive him then 

26 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I think I might take that. The Brooklyn pick has potential to fall. It could end up being a top 6 or 7 pick when the season is all said and done. Meaning we could land 2 of Ayton, Young, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Bamba, or Sexton. Shumpert next year could potentially be used as trade bait since he’ll have a nice expiring contract.  Also smith is only guaranteed 3,800,000 in 2019 so we could waive him then 

This^ I don't see the nets finishing where they are now. They can definitely slide. I would move shump to another contender for a second pick and change. JR waive or move on too. Putting evan and Simms on Cleveland would make their defense even worse. Hahahaha 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This^ I don't see the nets finishing where they are now. They can definitely slide. I would move shump to another contender for a second pick and change. JR waive or move on too. Putting evan and Simms on Cleveland would make their defense even worse. Hahahaha 

Shumpert is shooting 38/28 and coming off of surgery, he isnt moveable 

13 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Shumpert is shooting 38/28 and coming off of surgery, he isnt moveable 

Well at least he would be an 11mill expiring contract then

In their podcast with each other, Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons commented on how the league is very interested in what we do during the trade deadline and how they don't think a team can be successful starting Payton (or Rubio) 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So after last night's play from Birch and Biyombo do you think management will go all out to trade Vuc? Does anybody else think Fournier might bring back a decent haul?

we've been going all in to trade vucevic.  

We probably can't because of his injury. 

I think Fournier should return something solid.  At least one guy that should bee in our rotation long term.  

34 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

In their podcast with each other, Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons commented on how the league is very interested in what we do during the trade deadline and how they don't think a team can be successful starting Payton (or Rubio) 

I just wonder what took so long for people to realize this? A PG that isn't a 3 point threat in the modern NBA is a detriment to the performance of the entire team on offense. That's why even though DJ is not a great PG I would rather start him every game. At this point of the season management should tell Frank that everybody that won't be here next season needs to come off the bench as much as possible.

That is why I was mad at management for passing on PGs in the draft. They will be forgiven if we get Doncic, Young, or Sexton.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I just wonder what took so long for people to realize this? A PG that isn't a 3 point threat in the modern NBA is a detriment to the performance of the entire team on offense. That's why even though DJ is not a great PG I would rather start him every game. At this point of the season management should tell Frank that everybody that won't be here next season needs to come off the bench as much as possible.

That is why I was mad at management for passing on PGs in the draft. They will be forgiven if we get Doncic, Young, or Sexton.

That's not how roster decisions work and you end up losing the lockerroom by not playing the best players (basically there's no reason to play Payne over hezonja. Payne isn't good).

You had to give Payton enough time to prove he wasn't suddenly going to click and perform as he's shown enough to earn that. 

And Payton in a year or two might end up fixing everything but we've seen enough to go in another direction.  

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We need to showcase Payton Fournier and Mario as much as we can before the trade deadline