Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Magicman28 said:

If we were fighting for playoffs but we're not. I want nothing to do with him nor his contract.

His contract is good.  

We get him this year.  Next year he can help mentor the rookie until the trade deadline or the early offseason and then we either cut him and eat the 1 million guaranteed in year 3 or use his contract as significant trade bait during the draft.  

12 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Fournier for hill makes sense

I guess it is too early to consider this option. We want to wait until the end of the season and see in what position we end for thedraft. I hate to take on Hill’s contract if we are in a position to select Young. I rather have Fournier than Hill as a SG. 

But if they also take on DJ’s contract or give us a future pick then I will consider it now.

9 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

His contract is good.  

We get him this year.  Next year he can help mentor the rookie until the trade deadline or the early offseason and then we either cut him and eat the 1 million guaranteed in year 3 or use his contract as significant trade bait during the draft.  

I just don't like 19 per for a guy who's almost a full time bench player at his age with only a couple of seasons of better than average performance. We got DJ.

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I just don't like 19 per for a guy who's almost a full time bench player at his age with only a couple of seasons of better than average performance. We got DJ.

I don't think he's a full time bench player.  I think he's in a situation where he can't get to the rim as Sacramento plays basically 2 centers at all times.  And who cares what he makes if we're saving money during the year we need to save money.  

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't think he's a full time bench player.  I think he's in a situation where he can't get to the rim as Sacramento plays basically 2 centers at all times.  And who cares what he makes if we're saving money during the year we need to save money.  

Meh is all I think about whenever I see the name George Hill.

I'm in a mood. Friggin Dolores from Cranberries has me in a stinker.

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

from what I can gather his asthma was only an issue in summer league. He's been held out I believe to improve his strength and conditioning program so he's not so off balance in the paint . it's not like the guy has glass ankles. this was his first ankle sprain in his life, not a break just a sprain. I honestly believe they're just focusing on Isaac on a strength program because they don't want to risk anything with him in an obviously lost season

I'd still trade him for a 2nd top 5 if it got us Ayton, Doncic, or Young

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

I dont think the money is the issue. The main problem is what do you do with him. We still have to deal with Payton.

You play Elfrid and him together with Dj as back up? Do you have him come off the bench and play Simmons as the staring SG with Mario as the SF? Or Do you sit Payton. 

I think  Payton and Fournier is still a better combo than Payton and Hill. We have been loosing big time with that combo so you want to keep it consistently.

32 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

His contract is good.  

This is what we need

19 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont think the money is the issue. The main problem is what do you do with him. We still have to deal with Payton.

You play Elfrid and him together with Dj as back up? Do you have him come off the bench and play Simmons as the staring SG with Mario as the SF? Or Do you sit Payton. 

I think  Payton and Fournier is still a better combo than Payton and Hill. We have been loosing big time with that combo so you want to keep it consistently.

Im assuming we're also moving Payton.  Though not to Sacramento because it doesn't make sense