Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I wouldn't overreact about the Isaac stuff as we don't know the context.  

For all we know he might have let them know about it like two days before and everyone already made plans.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Long and can shoot yes please

He can definitely shoot and he isn’t getting enough minutes with the Jazz coming off the bench. I feel like he can be a really good starter especially next to someone like Trae Young. I think we could have a chance of resigning him for a decent price too as long as we let him know we want him to be our starter. We could build our own version of what Portland has with Dame and CJ

48 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I wouldn't overreact about the Isaac stuff as we don't know the context.  

For all we know he might have let them know about it like two days before and everyone already made plans.  

No way, that's too reasonable. Our team just hates god and supporting their bff's.

As to the trade deadline, I love hearing from Marc Stein that the Magic plan to be aggressive. I think Fournier should be able to net us a decent pick or rookie scale player. Plus, assuming he gets healthy, it should allow more playing time of Isaac at SF alongside Gordon at PF. I like the potential of that pairing.

37 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

As to the trade deadline, I love hearing from Marc Stein that the Magic plan to be aggressive. I think Fournier should be able to net us a decent pick or rookie scale player. Plus, assuming he gets healthy, it should allow more playing time of Isaac at SF alongside Gordon at PF. I like the potential of that pairing.

I would do this 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y75ga53p

27 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I want nothing to do with what Utah is willing to part with.

Personally I wouldn’t mind dumping fournier and his 17 mill contract for expiring contracts and potentially resigning Rodney Hood if the price is right. I don’t think we’ll be able to get a good pick for fournier unless we are willing to take on a contract like Noahs or Batums or maybe even Tristen Thompsons  AND JR Smiths. I wouldn’t mind taking on Batums if they are willing to give us their pick but we have too much money tied into centers to take on the others (unless if they would take on injured vuc)

8 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Personally I wouldn’t mind dumping fournier and his 17 mill contract for expiring contracts and potentially resigning Rodney Hood if the price is right. I don’t think we’ll be able to get a good pick for fournier unless we are willing to take on a contract like Noahs or Batums or maybe even Tristen Thompsons  AND JR Smiths. I wouldn’t mind taking on Batums if they are willing to give us their pick but we have too much money tied into centers to take on the others (unless if they would take on injured vuc)

Why? Hood is not as good as Fournier and will demand a larger contract next year.

Fournier's contract is not one that we desperately need to get off the books. We should only trade him for assets, not just for cap space right now. (Cap space is generally fine, but I don't see a player coming here that would be worth a big contract).

8 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Between the asthma and the ankles, personally I'm a little scared that we burned another pick on a guy who will be out more than he's in. If the rest of the league sees the 2 way upside in the same light you do then we should be able to trade him straight up for an early lotto pick. It would be amazing to come away with Young and Ayton. If Isaac continues to get injured we will never have another chance to get value for him.

from what I can gather his asthma was only an issue in summer league. He's been held out I believe to improve his strength and conditioning program so he's not so off balance in the paint . it's not like the guy has glass ankles. this was his first ankle sprain in his life, not a break just a sprain. I honestly believe they're just focusing on Isaac on a strength program because they don't want to risk anything with him in an obviously lost season