Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We should do that now and then draft one of the bigs.

Definitely wouldn’t be mad about that. Brogdon Isaac Gordon Ayton doesn’t sound too shabby to rebuild around

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

AG is NOT getting traded. 

Of course he is. One thing no one is really asking is whether HE wants to be in Orlando. What has he witnessed since draft day? 4 head coaches? 2 GMs? A culture of loosing?  Plus he has lost 2 very talented teamates to questionable trades. I can't believe he has any real faith in this franchise.

In addition, the current nba climate absolutely worships athletecism and potential, and Mr. Gordon oozes both. He would be considered a god in a large Market, and with his much improved  shot, 1.5 yrs of control on his rookie deal, and ability to sign the largest deal with the team he is rosteted on, his trade value right now could never be higher for the Magic.

And lets not pretend that new GMs don't like to build a team with their guys and their moves. The reset button is about to be hit. Simmons, Issac, and Iwundu are Hammond's first building blocks. Everyone else will be considered a means to acquire the talent he wants or clear payroll.  

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Wouldn't remotely consider moving AG for anything less than a 2018 top 5 and lots of other goodies.

AG has the potential to fetch a good haul, however if players like Paul George only fetch Oladipo and Sabonis, and Jimmy Butler (plus the 16th pick) only fetch Zach Lavine, Kris Dunn and the 7th overall pick - then maybe it might be time to be prepared for us receiving less than that desired top five pick and goody bag. Those two guys were multiple time all stars in the peak of their careers. They are also franchise changing players. As much as I like Gordon, he is not at their level. He is still young and improving but he might never reach their level and teams will trade accordingly. Plus, any team acquiring him would have little choice but to extend him at market value and would need to be convinced of his ability to be a franchise changing player, and if we aren't convinced of that, I doubt other teams are going to pay over the odds. 

53 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We can NOT give a new contract to EP unless it is cheap and he is told he will be the backup. It we trot him and his hair out as our starting PG next season y'all can buy all my Magic gear cheap on ebay. The modern NBA demands a much better PG as your starter. We are the 2nd to worst team in the NBA by half a game folks, it's time to make some major changes if we have any intention of becoming relevant.

I would tend to agree that we need to upgrade the PG position and that was partly my point, in that no one should be deemed immovable because of how poor this team has been. At this point in time every option should be on the table in order for this team to get on the right track. But part of that decision making process will be deciding what to do with Payton and Gordon. Do we extend them, trade them before the deadline, or sign-and-trade them in the off season? At this point I don't know which route we'll follow. None of us do. However, I would like to think our new front office are willing to do whatever it takes to make this team better and get us back on the right track. And for us to do that I honestly believe that no one should be immovable. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’m done with the team if that’s the case too

I'm pretty sure we don't want to start a rookie point guard initially and we have no avenue to a bridge starter this summer.  

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

odds are pretty high he signs the qualifying offer and is opening night starter next year.  

I forgot all about the qualifying offer BUT do we have to offer one?

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I forgot all about the qualifying offer BUT do we have to offer one?

We dont have to but we dont benefit from any flexibility if we dont offer it because our cap situation is awful.

7 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

We dont have to but we dont benefit from any flexibility if we dont offer it because our cap situation is awful.

Hopefully some trades before the deadline will help the cap situation.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

I'm pretty sure we don't want to start a rookie point guard initially and we have no avenue to a bridge starter this summer.  

I'd start DJ until the rook is ready if we can find a taker for EP. By the time next season rolls around his hair will be bouncing in and out of his mouth when he runs and I can't bear to see that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1