Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I had forgotten about Ross's slip, sideline step, and inbounds turnover sequence.  Man, I remember being on the verge of a heart attack when he was doing that.  But that was when all of us morons thought we might actually be good and before they crushed our spirits.

embarrassing. what an awful team. 

side note, but a friend i know insisted that the magic are still making money even through all this losing. Maybe the team is just content to be in the black financially.

14 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

embarrassing. what an awful team. 

side note, but a friend i know insisted that the magic are still making money even through all this losing. Maybe the team is just content to be in the black financially.

Every nba team "makes money". Several just reinvest their profits back into the business to make it look like they're losing money for tax purposes.  

But really they just need time to shuffle guys out of the roster 

21 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Shabazz Napier has started 6 games this year and averaged 18.7/4.8/4.8 on 61% TS.

Yeah he's turning into a solid backup

This team is in a very bad spot. Not sure there’s a lot of clear progress or next steps. I’m curious to see what happens with trades over the next month.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

This team is in a very bad spot. Not sure there’s a lot of clear progress or next steps. I’m curious to see what happens with trades over the next month.

I don't think we are really in a “bad spot”. We are in the “right spot”at the moment. We should continue with the tanking and see if we can get a top 3 player in this year talented draft. 

I also want to see how we do with trades. 

We will be in a really bad spot if we start winning and end up with a #7-10 pick. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I don't think we are really in a “bad spot”. We are in the “right spot”at the moment. We should continue with the tanking and see if we can get a top 3 player in this year talented draft. 

I also want to see how we do with trades. 

We will be in a really bad spot if we start winning and end up with a #7-10 pick. 

We are in the right spot for a brand new front office to clean house and rebuild.

As a franchise to be here after 6 years is embarrassing.

• Upvote 2