Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

He’s a good player no doubt. I personally feel that while his usage has gone up and his stats have corresponded proportionally that he’s similar to the player he’s been all along...and that’s someone who relies on elite athleticism but does/will struggle when the situation calls for skill.  

I also think he is directly benefiting particularly from point guard play that has shown improvement year over year yet somehow gets maligned by this fan base.  He wouldn’t have anywhere near his production without a good facilitator.. I am reminded almost daily that many here just don’t get it, which I need to come to grips with.  

AG is not a go to player, as such his ceiling is a third option on a winning team (so far, and he’s not there yet).  So, yes, I would trade him for a top 5 talent that stands a chance to be a go to player.  Also, I think Isaac will be able to play both AG’s position and other positions-I think he will be a more versatile and better overall player eventually. I see what AG brings to the table as replaceable, which is his biggest knock.  He doesn’t do anything particularly well, even his defense has lost some of its sparkle.  That doesn’t mean he’s not a very good player, he’s just vastly overrated on this forum.  

He's 22 and this is his first season of having a major role on offense.

Once the game slows down and he learns how balance scoring and making others better, he'll be a go to player. 

I say 25-26 will be the age.

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

AG stands the chance to be a go to player also.... He is 22...he's already got game winning plays this season. 

I'm taking AG 10 times out of 10 over any prospect in this draft as AG is not even near his potential yet and is already a 19 & 8 guy with good defence and we all know he is capable of better defence. 

I respect your position but feel like Ayton is already better and Bagley might be as well.  If Young can effectively play off the ball at the next level he is probably already better too.  There are others with a higher ceiling and more defined positions as well.     I think AG certainly has room to grow and the work ethic, I have nothing against him.  

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I'm not against making moves to improve the team, but I'm blaming injuries for this season. We could be 20-20 right now or better if we were healthy.

No we wouldn’t.  

33 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Yep.. I am a believer in that we are a few tweaks away from being a very good team. 

A few tweaks as in replacing four of our five starters and most of the bench?  Let’s not close our eyes to how awful this team has been for 5+ years. That would be a recipe for continuing to be terrible. 

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

He's 22 and this is his first season of having a major role on offense.

Once the game slows down and he learns how balance scoring and making others better, he'll be a go to player. 

I say 25-26 will be the age.

If he learns all that (tough for anyone) then it will be a conversation for another season

10 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

A few tweaks as in replacing four of our five starters and most of the bench?  Let’s not close our eyes to how awful this team has been for 5+ years. That would be a recipe for continuing to be terrible. 

We don’t need to replace that many, we just need a talent influx regardless of position 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Yep.. I am a believer in that we are a few tweaks away from being a very good team.

Didn't Henny say the same thing last year?  We have won 4 of the last 28 games - that pace over a full season nets you a 12-70 record.  Seems to me we need more than a few tweaks.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

No we wouldn’t.  

Were 12-28 you don't think if the team was healthy we could've gotten 8 more wins than we do now

No TRADING GORDON.  He could become the best player out of his draft class if he grooms himself to be elite.  

We need to lose and keep losing.  No trading Gordon under any circumstances.