Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I revised my original post. I made the mistake of assuming that everyone would know that there would be other goodies in the trade besides a 2018 top 5 pick.

Like what? An star player? 

So you think a team that has a star player AND a chance at a top pick is going to even consider trading those away no matter who's coming back in return?

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Like what? An star player? 

So you think a team that has a star player AND a chance at a top pick is going to even consider trading those away no matter who's coming back in return?

Throw whatever crystal ball you are using to predict what I'm thinking away, it isn't working right. My thoughts are multiple 1st rounders from a weak team, a young player that has shown potential, and possibly an expiring if needed to match salary. I would have to seriously consider that offer if it brought in another top pick this year. I don't know if I would do it or not because I love AG but could you imagine having 1 & 3 in this draft?

5 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Throw whatever crystal ball you are using to predict what I'm thinking away, it isn't working right. My thoughts are multiple 1st rounders from a weak team, a young player that has shown potential, and possibly an expiring if needed to match salary. I would have to seriously consider that offer if it brought in another top pick this year. I don't know if I would do it or not because I love AG but could you imagine having 1 & 3 in this draft?

No because I have no idea if pick 3 will even turn out to be good.

Only way trading AG who's 22, a damn near 20 and 10 2 way player, and improving dramatically, not even his prime makes the slightest sense is for a legit without question all star. A guy you can build your franchise around. Other than that, forget it. They can keep their potential.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Only way trading AG who's 22, a damn near 20 and 10 2 way player, and improving dramatically, not even his prime makes the slightest sense is for a legit without question all star. A guy you can build your franchise around. Other than that, forget it. They can keep their potential.

The main point here is he's 22. If we decide to throw everything out and start over he still fits our future timeline.  It isn't a case where he's almost 26 and after a 5 year plan he's on his way out

On 1/7/2018 at 12:41 PM, Payton4thewin said:

On the other topic i showed why we're not really missing him either.  

I agree but that wasn’t really the point of the discussion. There were a number of posters who’ve been saying for awhile that if we would only replace Vuch with Biyombo in the starting lineup, the team would be much better. My point was that we’ve done just that, and it hasn’t made any difference. 

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

We should trade up for Dragan Bender. 

We should trade vucevic for okafor

We should do whatever we can to get mudiay.  He's a guaranteed star.  

This happens every year.  

Gordon is a pretty good bet for a star player.  He might not end up being that guy but he's a really good bet.  And after we've all been confronted by the oladipo lesson of patience its pretty disheartening that so many posters have learned nothing.  

I'd argue that Gordon has shown even more promise this season than Oladipo did as a member of the Magic

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd argue that Gordon has shown even more promise this season than Oladipo did as a member of the Magic

Without a doubt MP.. Agreed 

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Without a doubt MP.. Agreed 

I just think that people can get too emotional and paint everything with the same brush. Just because we've had a terrible record, doesn't mean everything about our team is terrible. There's room for nuance and situations can change in the NBA with just a few tweaks.

Get AG and healthy Isaac a star PG, and our team will improve a lot. Biyombo can be a good defensive anchor when he stays away from foul trouble, just look at the Miami and Nets games, and that's all you need from a C.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

He’s a good player no doubt. I personally feel that while his usage has gone up and his stats have corresponded proportionally that he’s similar to the player he’s been all along...and that’s someone who relies on elite athleticism but does/will struggle when the situation calls for skill.  

I also think he is directly benefiting particularly from point guard play that has shown improvement year over year yet somehow gets maligned by this fan base.  He wouldn’t have anywhere near his production without a good facilitator.. I am reminded almost daily that many here just don’t get it, which I need to come to grips with.  

AG is not a go to player, as such his ceiling is a third option on a winning team (so far, and he’s not there yet).  So, yes, I would trade him for a top 5 talent that stands a chance to be a go to player.  Also, I think Isaac will be able to play both AG’s position and other positions-I think he will be a more versatile and better overall player eventually. I see what AG brings to the table as replaceable, which is his biggest knock.  He doesn’t do anything particularly well, even his defense has lost some of its sparkle.  That doesn’t mean he’s not a very good player, he’s just vastly overrated on this forum.  

10 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I just think that people can get too emotional and paint everything with the same brush. Just because we've had a terrible record, doesn't mean everything about our team is terrible. There's room for nuance and situations can change in the NBA with just a few tweaks.

Get AG and healthy Isaac a star PG, and our team will improve a lot. Biyombo can be a good defensive anchor when he stays away from foul trouble, just look at the Miami and Nets games, and that's all you need from a C.

Yep.. I am a believer in that we are a few tweaks away from being a very good team. 

PG is without a doubt the position we need to upgrade.. I am also open to keeping EP as the backup PG. 

Gotta give the management a season or two to fix it... The injuries we have had this season may turn out to be a blessing in disguise if we end up with a top 3 pick.. Hopefully the number one pick! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

He’s a good player no doubt. I personally feel that while his usage has gone up and his stats have corresponded proportionally that he’s similar to the player he’s been all along...and that’s someone who relies on elite athleticism but does/will struggle when the situation calls for skill.  

I also think he is directly benefiting particularly from point guard play that has shown improvement year over year yet somehow gets maligned by this fan base.  He wouldn’t have anywhere near his production without a good facilitator.. I am reminded almost daily that many here just don’t get it, which I need to come to grips with.  

AG is not a go to player, as such his ceiling is a third option on a winning team (so far, and he’s not there yet).  So, yes, I would trade him for a top 5 talent that stands a chance to be a go to player.  Also, I think Isaac will be able to play both AG’s position and other positions-I think he will be a more versatile and better overall player eventually. I see what AG brings to the table as replaceable, which is his biggest knock.  He doesn’t do anything particularly well, even his defense has lost some of its sparkle.  That doesn’t mean he’s not a very good player, he’s just vastly overrated on this forum.  

AG stands the chance to be a go to player also.... He is 22...he's already got game winning plays this season. 

I'm taking AG 10 times out of 10 over any prospect in this draft as AG is not even near his potential yet and is already a 19 & 8 guy with good defence and we all know he is capable of better defence. 

I'm not against making moves to improve the team, but I'm blaming injuries for this season. We could be 20-20 right now or better if we were healthy.