Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Not much evidence at this point for the theory some had that we’d be a better team without Vuch. I’m no big fan of his but I’m not seeing consistent improvement on either end of the floor since he’s been injured. 

Meant to post this here. 

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Meant to post this here. 

We seem to be awful with or without Vuc. Ownership sucks, management sucks, coaching sucks, roster sucks, effort sucks. Pretty much everything about this franchise sucks right now. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jjgator said:

We seem to be awful with or without Vuc. Ownership sucks, management sucks, coaching sucks, roster sucks, effort sucks. Pretty much everything about this franchise sucks right now. 

You are so right. About the only thing left to do is tank, try to trade Vuc and Payton, and get a fresh start building around AG, Isaac, and our top 5 pick. I would also have to consider trading AG for a top 5 if the offer was made depending what else came with it so we could grab a center and a PG to rebuild with.

Pick/Fournier/Ross/Isaac/Pick

DJ/Iwandu/Simmons/FA/Biyombo has as much potential as the current team does with everybody healthy.

6 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

You are so right. About the only thing left to do is tank, try to trade Vuc and Payton, and get a fresh start building around AG, Isaac, and our top 5 pick. I would also trade AG for a top 5 if the offer was made so we could grab a center and a PG to rebuild with.

DJ/Iwandu/Simmons/FA/Biyombo has as much potential as the current team does with everybody healthy.

IF you could come out of the Draft with Trae Young and Bamba/Ayton, then I'd strongly consider trading AG for that pick. Isaac IS such a key with his versatility and I really don't think were trading AG but this is the first time I've read an option that I had to entertain the thought more seriously 

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

You are so right. About the only thing left to do is tank, try to trade Vuc and Payton, and get a fresh start building around AG, Isaac, and our top 5 pick. I would also trade AG for a top 5 if the offer was made so we could grab a center and a PG to rebuild with.

We need moves to get Augustin and Biyombo off the books, too. 

52 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Talking of trading AG loooool

You guys are morons 

The morons are the ones who think he’s off-limits in trades.  

• Downvote 1

Just now, Murphy13 said:

The morons are the ones who think he’s off-limits in trades.  He’s our best trade piece but is closer to a Tobias Harris type player than a cornerstone type player.   If we get a chance for a significant piece (ie top 5 pick) you do it.  He wouldn’t net such a high pick anyway but that wasn’t the point. 

Lol. Of course no player is completely off limits, but you are severely underselling AG if you think he can be had for a top five pick.

Just now, Tom Servo said:

You're right. No way a team would give us a top five pick for AG

Correct, teams should be giving up way more than one top five pick for a player of AG's talent.

The only player that I can think of who was 22 and playing at around an all-star level that was traded was James Harden- who was traded because the Thunder were being cheap. (Not saying Gordon is playing equivalent to Thunder Harden, just that he is the only player that is in the same range that I can think of.) Harden got the Thunder Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks, and a second round pick. That is probably at least equivalent to a top five pick and I think most people knew at the time that it was a poor return for Harden.

While Harden was better at that point than Gordon (at least offensively) and had just been to the finals, his finals performance had been poor, everyone knew the Thunder were being cheap and possibly looking at moving him after he had rejected their contract offer, and there were a lot of questions about whether or not he could lead a team on his own as he had been a 6th man on the Thunder (a stupid question to be sure, but one that was being asked). Basically a young guy like Gordon almost never gets traded (Harden is the exception), and they definitely are not traded for a bunch of magic beans.