Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

On both sides of the court. Ball hog on one side, bad defender on the other.

With all the injuries he's been trying to do too much on the offensive end, instead of just playing his role. It is the other side of that high-energy, aggressive game of his. 

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

And here it is - Elfrid Payton is blocked by his own hair. If I'm the coach I'm telling him to cut that overhang, or plan on being on the end of the bench. That thing is ridiculous, and from a purely professional standpoint, if it interferes with your game, it needs to go. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21936888

That is so ridiculous. 100 % agree

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:18 PM, JJZFL said:

It's always interesting to see how we look when the games really count and both teams are trying hard to win.  Also to find out which predictions were accurate and which weren't.  Having said that, my expectations are very low going into the season.  I will be pleased if we're more fun to watch than last year, and that's a very low bar. 

So far we are not making it over the low bar I set for this season in my last sentence above.  I wish we were at least more fun to watch but it looks like the team is giving up.

I especially hate watching Mario jog up and down the court.  He is not good enough to be going at 3/4 speed.

17 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

So far we are not making it over the low bar I set for this season in my last sentence above.  I wish we were at least more fun to watch but it looks like the team is giving up.

I especially hate watching Mario jog up and down the court.  He is not good enough to be going at 3/4 speed.

Watching Mario most the time is very frustrating. He plays with no intensity none Nada. Makes some hard plays look easy and other easy plays look like advanced trigonometry. I can't believe he is a #5 pick but Anthony Bennett was a #1. It just shows how even top five picks are a crap shoot. 

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Watching Mario most the time is very frustrating. He plays with no intensity none Nada. Makes some hard plays look easy and other easy plays look like advanced trigonometry. I can't believe he is a #5 pick but Anthony Bennett was a #1. It just shows how even top five picks are a crap shoot. 

He looked pretty good tonight

This is pretty much a worst case scenario for the season.  Teams are focusing on shutting down Gordon and nobody is stepping up to get him some space.  And he's settling for a bunch of bad shots to make up for it. 

There isn't any avenue to a trade that improves us with vucevic hurt. There isn't an avenue to dumping vets for youth. 

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

He looked pretty good tonight

He's still jogging up and down the court and not appearing to put in too much effort.

Just now, JJZFL said:

He's still jogging up and down the court and not appearing to put in too much effort.

I couldn't disagree more.  I see the opposite.  Dude is putting in the most effort.  He sets like 5 unscripted screens half the time both on and off ball to get other guys open.  

He was absolutely terrible the first few minutes he was in but that was typical bone headed plays.  Not effort.