Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

59 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Following up on the dumb move of drafting him in the 1st place. I'm sure he'll be a good to great player 1 day if his body ever becomes NBA ready but there were plenty of players that already had NBA bodies. We needed help now, not 3 years from now. 

I don't think LM will be the better player down the road. Not sure DSJ can stay healthy. He has an NBA body and has struggle with injuries this year.

I think Isaac potentially could be one of the best of that draft.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:38 PM, Ibn Battuta said:

If true it would not surprise me. I was very high on LM as shooter who could come in day one and hit shots. OTOH we picked Isaac who has all the physical tools to do something (one day) but no definable skill. Then traded down/away picks when we needed as much talent as possible. Missed on Kuzma and Bell. I think Hartenstein will be solid too. 

And then the whole not resigning Mario thing and losing him as an asset.

I agree with you that I am not impressed much with the new FO as others. But I guess time will tell. 

4 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I don't think LM will be the better player down the road. Not sure DSJ can stay healthy. He has an NBA body and has struggle with injuries this year.

I think Isaac potentially could be one of the best of that draft.

I wish I could have the same HOPE that you do. because if we look at the game footage of what we have so far, it says otherwise. I'm trying to be rational and optimistic at the same time. Sure I hope Isaac can be good (at least get on the court) but LM, even if all he does is improves his defense, in a couple years he could be like 18ppg 9reb 38%+ from 3 kind of guy. That's a great return for the 7th pick in the draft. 

2 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

And then the whole not resigning Mario thing and losing him as an asset.

I agree with you that I am not impressed much with the new FO as others. But I guess time will tell. 

Mario i'm not that upset about; if he even gets an offer I think we can still match it. They probably think he won't get more than $5m/year which is a reasonable gamble. I wouldn't mind tying that space up, especially if he improves later on. 

I agree with us not extending Mario, I just don’t think he is that good; plus he makes a lot of bonehead plays like the 4 on 1 fastbreak last night. He thinks he’s better then he is. The one skill that he was touted for was shooting that should translate to the NBA; so far he has been underwhelming to say the least. He will be lucky to be at the end of somebody’s bench and most likely back to Europe. A waste of a 5th pick; one would think you would at least get a rotation player from that. Another Magic gaffe. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Following up on the dumb move of drafting him in the 1st place. I'm sure he'll be a good to great player 1 day if his body ever becomes NBA ready but there were plenty of players that already had NBA bodies. We needed help now, not 3 years from now. 

you need help now, I'm more than fine developing him and getting a high lottery pick this year. It takes more than one reindeer to pull Santa's Sleigh and you gotta go for as many Rudolphs as you can BUD

5 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

you need help now, I'm more than fine developing him and getting a high lottery pick this year. It takes more than one reindeer to pull Santa's Sleigh and you gotta go for as many Rudolphs as you can BUD

You are so right, we need that high draft pick. 

16 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I wish I could have the same HOPE that you do. because if we look at the game footage of what we have so far, it says otherwise. I'm trying to be rational and optimistic at the same time. Sure I hope Isaac can be good (at least get on the court) but LM, even if all he does is improves his defense, in a couple years he could be like 18ppg 9reb 38%+ from 3 kind of guy. That's a great return for the 7th pick in the draft. 

Isaac is already good enough to get on the court based on his defense and is arguably the player with the most potential drafted that year. Can’t speak on LM since I’ve only seen him once this year. 

23 minutes ago, King Close said:

Isaac is already good enough to get on the court based on his defense and is arguably the player with the most potential drafted that year. Can’t speak on LM since I’ve only seen him once this year. 

All Isaac has over these other guys are the physical tools to one day do something. He’s not a deadly shooter like LM. He doesn’t have explosiveness to the rim like DSJ. He’s not in any way a polished scorer. Does he even have a go to move? Yes he can stay on the floor defensively but you can’t spend your top pick on a versatile defender! I’m not hanging on to this “most potential” talk it doesn’t mean anything to me. 

46 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

All Isaac has over these other guys are the physical tools to one day do something. He’s not a deadly shooter like LM. He doesn’t have explosiveness to the rim like DSJ. He’s not in any way a polished scorer. Does he even have a go to move? Yes he can stay on the floor defensively but you can’t spend your top pick on a versatile defender! I’m not hanging on to this “most potential” talk it doesn’t mean anything to me. 

I agree 100%! Why are WE drafting guys that might have potential/maybe-hopefully can develop while other teams are drafting guys that are ready step in and play? I have to wonder if the teams that got great players with later picks got lucky or are they just better than us at evaluating talent???