Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Dude.... Getting Isaac right is about getting his diet right and letting him actually get older... The kid can't keep weight on right now. During his 1st stint on the injured list he got sick and lost 11 pounds.... He needs time to grow into his body.

LM is just a few months older than Isaac. Why is he playing so well and Isaac can’t stay on the floor? He was picked right after Isaac. I mean, just because Isaac is a good defender right now I’m supposed to be impressed? I’m way more impressed with LM. 

4 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Dude.... Getting Isaac right is about getting his diet right and letting him actually get older... The kid can't keep weight on right now. During his 1st stint on the injured list he got sick and lost 11 pounds.... He needs time to grow into his body.

In other words, a project. 

5 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

LM is just a few months older than Isaac. Why is he playing so well and Isaac can’t stay on the floor? He was picked right after Isaac. I mean, just because Isaac is a good defender right now I’m supposed to be impressed? I’m way more impressed with LM. 

I'm with you 100%. We drafted a potential project instead of an NBA ready player, again!

20 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

This might be the first guy who needs ankle development time before he can play

*sigh*

Of all the records for the Magic to set......

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

The problem with Isaac is he is still growing... That is a major factor in all of this 

He just has weak ankles.  It's not unusual.  Wade has some sort of ankle strengthening program he bought into to prevent some of these things from happening and I'm pretty sure that's the program that helped curry with his.  

At the same time this should be moderately concerning that he can't stay on the court.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Isaac until February.

They're going to build strength in his legs and probably his upper body too, but it sounds like after tweaking his ankle the second time, they're are concerned that this could happen again.

Isaac is very thin and lacks overall strength. This might be one of the smartest moves they've done in a while.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

He just has weak ankles.  It's not unusual.  Wade has some sort of ankle strengthening program he bought into to prevent some of these things from happening and I'm pretty sure that's the program that helped curry with his.  

At the same time this should be moderately concerning that he can't stay on the court.  

Definitely a concern hopefully it is all sorted.. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Isaac until February.

They're going to build strength in his legs and probably his upper body too, but it sounds like after tweaking his ankle the second time, they're are concerned that this could happen again.

Isaac is very thin and lacks overall strength. This might be one of the smartest moves they've done in a while.

Following up on the dumb move of drafting him in the 1st place. I'm sure he'll be a good to great player 1 day if his body ever becomes NBA ready but there were plenty of players that already had NBA bodies. We needed help now, not 3 years from now.