Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Was at the game last night.  Payton's hair is most definitely a distraction for him.  He can't see it and he can't see a lot of things around him because of it.  He needs to go.

He should dye it green and put Christmas lights in it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jec said:

He should dye it green and put Christmas lights in it.

yup and lay flat on his back so it stands up straight, kinda like what he does most games

46 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Oladipo watch: 38 pts 4 rebs 6 ast 1 stl 1 blk 0 to

:svgsad:

5 hours ago, The Boss said:

Oladipo watch: 38 pts 4 rebs 6 ast 1 stl 1 blk 0 to

I'm happy for him because i liked Oladipo, however it is frustrating to see him breaking out as a potential all star in Indiana when he never really showed that with us (or at least as consistently as he is now).  It makes me wonder why he's been able to break out and be consistent in Indiana when he didn't really do it with us. Did we set him up to fail and they featuring him in a way we didn't? Has he just been slow to put everything together and we lacked patience and commitment?

His breakout is one reason why I'd be hesitant to move the likes of Gordon, Payton, Hezonja and co. Knowing our recent luck they'd breakout elsewhere! 

Rookies Kyle Kuzma and Jordan Bell are overshadowed by bigger names on their respective teams. Fellow rookie Lonzo Ball gets the most hype on the Los Angeles Lakers, while the Golden State Warriors are basically an All-Star team with multiple MVPs, the reigning Defensive Player of the Year and another one of the best shooters of all time.

Kuzma and Ball came into the NBA without much fanfare (though the Bell situation raised eyebrows). The Lakers selected Kuzma out of Utah with the 27th pick, which was acquired along with Brook Lopez as part of the D’Angelo Russell trade. The Warriors bought the 38th pick from the rebuilding Chicago Bulls in order to snag Bell.

Now both players look like important pieces for the future, demonstrating how important it is to nail later draft picks when team-building. While so much focus has been on Ball, Kuzma has been the Lakers’ best rookie and arguably their best player. Bell hasn’t seen nearly as many minutes as Kuzma, but the Oregon product has been getting more and more playing time lately because of injuries and his own impactful play. There are even calls for Bell to be the full-time starting center for the defending champs, even when everybody is healthy.

https://www.fanragsports.com/kyle-kuzma-and-jordan-bell-show-value-of-nailing-late-picks/

Didn't I read somewhere the draft bottomed out before they were picked?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://www.fanragsports.com/kyle-kuzma-and-jordan-bell-show-value-of-nailing-late-picks/

Didn't I read somewhere the draft bottomed out before they were picked?

The stupid thing was bell was a really easy guy to spot as a good player.  He dropped because he's got a ceiling as a hustle guy but if you can play that role well there's always a place for you in the league.  

Time to look on the bright side: We are going to get a great pick! Also, I have a feeling about Iwundu; he’s rangey with a very high defensive ceiling. I think if he has the work ethic of AG he could become DeRosen lite with better D. Please humor me as I’m grasping, but it’s possible. All we got is hope.