Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Steve Kyler: With the Magic clearly going nowhere fast, Vučević is the name mentioned most in NBA circles as having value. The Magic’s message continues to be the same in trade talks. They will listen to offers and ideas but are not actively seeking change for change sake, accepting that this season was more about the newly installed front office understanding who and what they really had. League sources have maintained for some time that to get Orlando off the dime was going to take a significant player hitting the market—something that has not happened yet. 11 mins ago – via Basketball Insiders

Makes sense

3 hours ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

It's a 4-way, contract-shedding trade:

We get: Greg Monroe (1-year contract), Austin Rivers (2-year contract), Nerlens Noel (1-year contract), Devin Harris (1-year contract), M. Harrell (1-year contract)

Mavs get: Vooch, DJ Augustin, Troy Daniels (Suns)

Clips get: E. Fournier, A. Afflalo, S. Curry (Mavs)

Suns get: Biyombo, L. Williams (Clips), E. Payton, 2nd rdr from Clips and Magic

Which leaves us with:

PG: Austin Rivers, Devin Harris, Shelvin Mack

SG: T. Ross, M. Hezonija, J. Simmons

SF: J. Isaac, W. Iwundu

PF: A. Gordon, M. Harrell

C: N. Noel, G. Monroe (potential buyout), M. Speights

I dont mind the trade but I have never seen a trade involving 14 players.

32 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Do you think Houston will be kind enough to trade us Capela and Anderson for Vuc and Fournier?

No

Teams that are on streaks where they win 20 out of their last 21 games don't make future financial moves

I dont see the Lakers doing it knowing that they can get PG in the offseasonwithout giving any other asset unless they want to sign another star caliber player and need to open more cap space. 

I do think OKC might do it as long as picks are included(not necessarily 1st rounders). They are getting decent talent in return for just Adam. PG13 might just walk away.

I think Clarson is ok but I rather go for a Point guard in the draft. He is better that Payton but not necessarily a staring caliber PG. I like Adam tho.

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont see the Lakers doing it knowing that they can get PG in the offseasonwithout giving any other asset unless they want to sign another star caliber player and need to open more cap space. 

I do think OKC might do it as long as picks are included(not necessarily 1st rounders). They are getting decent talent in return for just Adam. PG13 might just walk away.

I think Clarson is ok but I rather go for a Point guard in the draft. He is better that Payton but not necessarily a staring caliber PG. I like Adam tho.

I think the Lakers are more likely to do it. They get George for guys who aren't on the team next year.  It'd be like us trading mack for a guy we plan on signing

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think the Lakers are more likely to do it. They get George for guys who aren't on the team next year.  It'd be like us trading mack for a guy we plan on signing

Mmm.. I think Clarkson is still under contract til 2020 at 13 millions per year. Why do you said he will not be on the team next year? Unless I am reading it wrong. 

40 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Mmm.. I think Clarkson is still under contract til 2020 at 13 millions per year. Why do you said he will not be on the team next year? Unless I am reading it wrong. 

They don't really want him long term.  Sort of like us with Tobias Harris when we resigned him.  Preserving a trade piece vs securing a building block

46 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

he may of been referring to Randle who is in the same draft class as AG. losing him and Clarkson  wouls free up roughly 17 million for next year, most of that would get eaten up by PG but they'd still have enough money to get roughly 1.5 max players