Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Sure.  But those guys are having inefficient seasons and most have earned the benefit of the doubt.  

My point is a guy with inefficient production on a 20 win type team means nothing because the history of guys that do that have careers all over the place.  Look at Michael Carter Williams

Actually Dunn's efg% of 46.7% this year is higher than Westbrook's career average of 46.1%.

12 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Actually Dunn's efg% of 46.7% this year is higher than Westbrook's career average of 46.1%.

Westbrook is kind of an interesting situation because i think he might get too much credit for his pinnacle games  but not enough blame for his 27 points on 33 shots type of games. 

Should we treat him as a special scenario? Maybe? He puts a team on his back at the end of games and wins.  But most of the time it's his inefficiency that required him to put the team on his back to begin with.  

This is why public sentiment is turning on Westbrook.  

Woj: "Those early years in Orlando, it was a tough place for young players, there were lots of young guys all trying to figure it out at once. Looking back at it, it was a tough environment for young players."

Oladipo: "Yea, it was real tough. A lot of young guys trying to prove themselves. A lot of young guys trying to prove that I'm that guy. It was just tough. It was like going out there and it almost felt like we were in battle against each other when we played, instead of trying to work together to try to get a win. It was tough..."

Same as it ever was

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Also i think there's some difference in being the inefficient best player on a 47 win team and an inefficient 3rd or 4th option on a 22 win team. 

That is the reason why I dont like to use that stat to evaluate how good a player is or could be.  You cant just put * after each select player to justify their poor numbers. 

Efficiency numbers on players can also be influenced by how they are used and how much time they spend in court. Someone that plays 10mpg vs 35mpg cant be meausured equally. 

Like you well said. Someone that is a 3rd or 4rd option in a team can't be meausure equally as they will get less touch. 

Oladipo was a good example. He played a different system at Orlando and Oklahoma and now in INdiana he is extremely efficient.  

What is Vuc number? I am sure he will likely be at the highest in the league for a Center. Yet, as a team player, he should be below average at his best. 

Also If I go with Lonzo Ball and Smith Jr. efg% this year then I will have to conclude that they are  likely to be busts?

7 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

What is Vuc number? I am sure he will likely be at the highest in the league for a Center.

No.  He's historically one of the worst. 

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Also If I go with Lonzo Ball and Smith Jr. efg% this year then I will have to conclude that they are  likely to be busts?

No.  Rookies are typically bad.  

37 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Oladipo was insane at the end of last night's game. 

It makes me so depressed. He's turning into a better player than any one of us imagined.