Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

53 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't know.  I think you end up with a fatal flaw that puts a ceiling on the team like we're seeing now.  I think we'd be better off with smaller tweaks that improve is without breaking up our core entirely.  Is mccollum that significantly a better offensive player than Gordon? 

That's kind of the reason i want George hill so much.  Helps Fournier.  Improves the team.  But suddenly you have a identity with a hill - Fournier - Isaac - Gordon - biyombo lineup

Wouldn't he be better though?

I feel like AG is more of a 2nd option at the moment. Maybe in time a first but not now.

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Wouldn't he be better though?

I feel like AG is more of a 2nd option at the moment. Maybe in time a first but not now.

He would be better but we would still be awful. What's the point in that? CJ is a 2nd option(Second best player) on a good team to me. Don't see him much as a game changer. 

3 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I don't know.  I think you end up with a fatal flaw that puts a ceiling on the team like we're seeing now.  I think we'd be better off with smaller tweaks that improve is without breaking up our core entirely.  Is mccollum that significantly a better offensive player than Gordon? 

That's kind of the reason i want George hill so much.  Helps Fournier.  Improves the team.  But suddenly you have a identity with a hill - Fournier - Isaac - Gordon - biyombo lineup

CJ is way ahead offensively, yes. The time for small tweaks is over. It's been years with the same core players and nothing short of the next Lebron James is going to take this roster to the promised land. We are 8 games below .500. We play the Pistons and Heat twice, the Bulls (who have won 5 straight), the Pels, and the Wiz. All teams except the Bulls are playoff calibre teams. It's possible we may not even win another game till the new year. 

Also, why do you think the Kings will take Vucevic for Hill? They have plenty of bigs like WCS, Papa, and Skal they need to give minutes to, not sure I see the fit.

Have we discussed Kemba Walker? If the Hornets season continues to go south I would make a strong push to grab him. It'll cost our FRP but we are like 8th or 9th in the selection at the moment. Of course if our season gets worse then what's the point. I'm still holding hope though that the light bulb on one of these guys goes off and we make a run.

My concern with George Hill is that he is at his best next to playmakers like George and Hayward, even Lance Stephenson when he was good. He's at 3.3 APG for his career and he'd be in a lineup with Fournier, Simmons and Gordon who are "Shoot first, ask questions later."

I'm for anything that gets Payton out of the starting lineup, but I'm not sure how much better we get without a follow-up move.

• Like 1

As expected, the Magic's preliminary injury report lists Aaron Gordon as out for the team's game Sunday against the Pistons because of a strained right calf. Also out: Evan Fournier & Terrence Ross. Questionable: Arron Afflalo and Jonathan Isaac.

Looks like Gordon is coming on the road trip.  Seems like that means they think he'll only be out for 1 game or else they'd just leave him here until the game on Friday

2 hours ago, matthi32 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycja58hw

would be awesome if we could get Adams from OKC!

that trade is not making us better now and will worsen our cap space situation for the near future. OKC will love it and LA might do to it just to open the cap space even more.  I just dont see how a lineup(taking Isaac out due to injuries and rest) of Clarson, Simmons, Iwundu, Gordon, Adams  is any better than our current Payton, Simmons, Fourner, Gordon and Vuch lineup? 

I will do the Fournier, Biz and DJ for Adams and PG. 

Payton, PG,Isaac,AG,Adams

Mack,Simmons,Afflalo,Speights,Vuc. 

I know PG will likely walk away after the season  but this trade will give us a chance to get us into the playoff and more importantly, will give the Orlando fans a chance to root for a star player even if it is just for a few months. If PG walks away then we will not longer need to worry on Biz, Fourner and DJ contracts. We will be on a better cap position for the 2018 free agency. 

OKC will likely loose Paul George after the season and with this trade they will get a secure contract on Fournier in return. They will also get a decent and very needed back up point guard in DJ. 

Biz is not Adams but will still give them the very needed rim protection. 

Russell,Fournier,Carmelo,Robertson,Biz. 

43 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I will do the Fournier, Biz and DJ for Adams and PG. 

Payton, PG,Isaac,AG,Adams

Mack,Simmons,Afflalo,Speights,Vuc. 

I know PG will likely walk away after the season  but this trade will give us a chance to get us into the playoff and more importantly, will give the Orlando fans a chance to root for a star player even if it is just for a few months. If PG walks away then we will not longer need to worry on Biz, Fourner and DJ contracts. We will be on a better cap position for the 2018 free agency. 

OKC will likely loose Paul George after the season and with this trade they will get a secure contract on Fournier in return. They will also get a decent and very needed back up point guard in DJ. 

Biz is not Adams but will still give them the very needed rim protection. 

Russell,Fournier,Carmelo,Robertson,Biz. 

OKC can get a MUCH better deal than that, bro

24 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

OKC can get a MUCH better deal than that, bro

Maybe. But I am expecting for Hennigan  making a push for his boys.