Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, King Close said:

I think we should atleast give management a year before deciding what we think of the new management... 

i get were all frustrated and tired of seeing bad product but they did say this was an evaluation period, which makes sense. 

IMO they did well with FA this past summer but I think they missed the boat on the draft. I believe Isaac may still be the steal of the draft in a few years but we needed a starting PG much more than a SF. I also think trading our picks for garbage was a bad move, I would have brought in 2 more guys to take a look at. I think Simmons was the steal of FA. Unlike Biyombo he is still producing at the level we saw in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Why do we need to trade Fournier?

Don't think our culture changes when you have him competing against AG for shots wen he should be competing against the other team.

Plus he probably has more value.

I hear you, EF is a tough call for his salary, but I do think he is better then he gets credit for; probably a 3rd option on a good team; a little overpaid, but that was the market at the time. 

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Don't think our culture changes when you have him competing against AG for shots wen he should be competing against the other team.

Plus he probably has more value.

I tend to agree at this point. Fournier’s skills should translate next to AG’s, but I don’t think his ego will. Similar to Dipo in Indiana, I want to give the keys to AG in O-Town.

4 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Quiet..

So when do we start looking at the top to blame for all this?

Uhhhh, not after less than 30 games with a team they inherited and didn't build themselves?

Like, what do you expect them to have done by now?  Realistically?  Give specifics.

34 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Uhhhh, not after less than 30 games with a team they inherited and didn't build themselves?

Like, what do you expect them to have done by now?  Realistically?  Give specifics.

I dunno. I just worry we're becoming an farm team. I wasn't referring to Weltman but higher up.

Hmm, Disney bought a huge chunk of Fox. All the articles I've read say it includes Fox''s regional networks, but not Fox Sports. It sounds like Fox Sports Florida  is included,  that's considered a regional network right?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2017/12/14/disney-fox-deal-gives-espn-a-local-strategy-to-combat-its-financial-woes/

4 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Hmm, Disney bought a huge chunk of Fox. All the articles I've read say it includes Fox''s regional networks, but not Fox Sports. It sounds like Fox Sports Florida  is included,  that's considered a regional network right?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2017/12/14/disney-fox-deal-gives-espn-a-local-strategy-to-combat-its-financial-woes/

Yeah it says 

For starters, ESPN will be acquiring a massive amount of new content, as Fox Sports’ 22 regional sports networks (RSNs from here on out) control the local cable rights to the following professional teams:

NBA (17): Suns, Hornets, Pistons, Magic, Pacers, Pelicans, Timberwolves, Cavaliers, Thunder, Hawks, Grizzlies, Mavericks, Spurs, Heat, Clippers, Bucks, Nets.

11 minutes ago, jjgator said:

X-Men and F4 coming back home!

• Like 2