Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Nikola Vucevic: The one bright spot (besides Aaron Gordon) of a disappointing turn in Orlando has been Vucevic. Though his defense is average at best, the center is posting his most efficient season (106.6 offensive rating) on the other end.

Vucevic has one of the best value contracts for a center (under contract through the 2018-19 season for just over $12 million annually). If the Magic want to maximize that value, Orlando should explore trade offers.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/21750469

Timing is interesting. Given our rash of injuries, I’m not sure trading for Hill or another pg even matters at this point. I’d be delighted to trade Vooch and/or Fournier and somehow end up with another lottery pick in 2018.

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Timing is interesting. Given our rash of injuries, I’m not sure trading for Hill or another pg even matters at this point. I’d be delighted to trade Vooch and/or Fournier and somehow end up with another lottery pick in 2018.

Yup. At this point, trade Fournier AND, not or, Vuch. Trade Payton too. 

I’m all for trading Payton. He drives me crazy with his inconsistency; and this hair, I’m sorry and let me preface this that I’m all in for individuality, but I really believe this effects his game. This awning he showcases is constantly bobbing up and down as I watch him move as well as it looks as if it disrupts his shooting motion. Maybe we should start a petition for a haircut. I really like the guy as he seems like a nice shy kind of country boy. I know he’s from Louisiana, but you get the idea. He has really regressed from the eye test perspective. Lots of problems in the Magic Kingdom. 

On another note, I do think we have the best infrastructure at any point in our history with Lakeland Magic and the coaching staff ect. Unfortunately this is all going to take time. Let the changes begin!!!

4 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I thought it was a travel too but I think he did the little hop step/gather 

cant imagine all three refs looking that way and not calling it though

I think they might have been busy laughing at Dwight's handles so they didn't notice after he brought the ball back down after almost losing it that he jogged to the rim.

We got to give Weltmen and company a chance, I remember Alex saying  he is no longer in basketball personnel decisions, let’s see what happens and if the collaboration of the Devos family on these decisions keeps producing the same type of product,  it’s time for new ownership. I don’t know about you, but this is my last run before I change the channel.

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m all for trading Payton. He drives me crazy with his inconsistency; and this hair, I’m sorry and let me preface this that I’m all in for individuality, but I really believe this effects his game. This awning he showcases is constantly bobbing up and down as I watch him move as well as it looks as if it disrupts his shooting motion. Maybe we should start a petition for a haircut. I really like the guy as he seems like a nice shy kind of country boy. I know he’s from Louisiana, but you get the idea. He has really regressed from the eye test perspective. Lots of problems in the Magic Kingdom. 

On another note, I do think we have the best infrastructure at any point in our history with Lakeland Magic and the coaching staff ect. Unfortunately this is all going to take time. Let the changes begin!!!

I don't think the hair does anything.  Hes shooting more and better outside of 10 feet than he ever has in his career.  He's better at the rim than ever in his career.  He's just not impactful

32 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

We got to give Weltmen and company a chance, I remember Alex saying  he is no longer in basketball personnel decisions, let’s see what happens and if the collaboration of the Devos family on these decisions keeps producing the same type of product,  it’s time for new ownership. I don’t know about you, but this is my last run before I change the channel.

I'm not so much speaking about Weltman.

We've been in a rut far too long and I understand patience but in the meantime we are becoming quite the farm team while stuck in purgatory.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Quiet..

So when do we start looking at the top to blame for all this?

I think we should atleast give management a year before deciding what we think of the new management... 

i get were all frustrated and tired of seeing bad product but they did say this was an evaluation period, which makes sense.