Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Here's my problem with tanking this year.  

It's going to be very hard to out tank Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas. We'll be in competition with phoenix, Memphis (lost 15 of last 16), Sacramento, Brooklyn.  Won't be able to hold out Gordon, Isaac, Fournier forever.  

So we end up with the 6th pick and take Jaren Jackson who is basically Clint Capela. Do you really kill a year for Capela? We'd all love Capela, but do you tank for him? 

25 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It's going to be very hard to out tank Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas. We'll be in competition with phoenix, Memphis (lost 15 of last 16), Sacramento, Brooklyn.  Won't be able to hold out Gordon, Isaac, Fournier forever.  

So we end up with the 6th pick and take Jaren Jackson who is basically Clint Capela. Do you really kill a year for Capela? We'd all love Capela, but do you tank for him? 

No which is why I don't get it and never a fan of the idea for this season.

We just seem to be backwards in everything we do.

21 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

How is he Clint Capela when he shoots 84 percent from the line and can step out for 3s. 

2 minutes ago, Ted Stickle said:

How is he Clint Capela when he shoots 84 percent from the line and can step out for 3s. 

Scouts aren't thrilled with his shooting form and doubt his 28% college three point shooting will translate well to the nba. 

But sure.  If Clint Capela shot better from the free throw line he'd be a completely different player :svgsad:

Some call it tanking, I call it increasing value of our players for a better trade. Triple doubles always look good.

Hopefully our new management has a plan, let's see.

1 minute ago, random said:

Some call it tanking, I call it increasing value of our players for a better trade. Triple doubles always look good.

Hopefully our new management has a plan, let's see.

Thats putting the cart before the horse though

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Scouts aren't thrilled with his shooting form and doubt his 28% college three point shooting will translate well to the nba. 

But sure.  If Clint Capela shot better from the free throw line he'd be a completely different player :svgsad:

Those shooting numbers are identical to Myles Turner with more volume

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Can you elaborate on why you think this?

Letting vucevic be high usage and losing so we can trade him for players that help us win vs just trying to win

12 minutes ago, Ted Stickle said:

Those shooting numbers are identical to Myles Turner with more volume

I think he's a better defensive player (foot speed and lateral movement) than Myles Turner and a better offensive rebounder.  

Tanking after an 8-4 start doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe the injuries have forced the hand, maybe we’re trying to showcase Vucevic, Payton and Hezonja for trades? I don’t know what the hell is going on 

7 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Tanking after an 8-4 start doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe the injuries have forced the hand, maybe we’re trying to showcase Vucevic, Payton and Hezonja for trades? I don’t know what the hell is going on 

Typically you tank by resting veteran players and give big minutes to rookies so maybe we're not tanking and we just like to be overly cautious because concussion is a scary word right now.