Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

41 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Maybe we can get involved in a 3 way, but gotta believe the Clips would want to keep Brogdon in this scenario.

Now see, why aren't we interested? You would think we would be linked to DJ.

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I’m ready to be linked to some deals for sure. I’ll be incredibly disappointed if this team hasn’t made a move by 2018. It’s unfortunate they have the excuse of injuries to standpat.

12 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Vucevic.  

Payton's issues are resolved by making him a backup while you look to find value for him or just let him leave in the summer.  

Vucevic creates more problems if he's benched.  

That's not untrue. It's just a shame Vucevic won't recognize that his skillset is best used on the bench.

I guess I also think that we have more of a chance of being a good team with Vuc in the starting lineup than Payton, because I saw us play well with Vuc there; haven't seen the same with Payton in the SL.

3 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

I’m ready to be linked to some deals for sure. I’ll be incredibly disappointed if this team hasn’t made a move by 2018. It’s unfortunate they have the excuse of injuries to standpat.

First recalibrate. Then evaluate. Next we procrastinate. 2030 y'all! Damn it's too late. Start over.

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I go back and forth with that.  Not sure i want to be the one giving deandre big money next year.  Or maybe it's exactly what we need to stick next to Gordon and Isaac to create a dominant defensive team.  

18 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

That's not untrue. It's just a shame Vucevic won't recognize that his skillset is best used on the bench.

I guess I also think that we have more of a chance of being a good team with Vuc in the starting lineup than Payton, because I saw us play well with Vuc there; haven't seen the same with Payton in the SL.

I think we could stick Chris paul at point guard and still be stuck with an unfortunate ceiling due to poor rebounding and interior defense.  

Zach Lowe and Kevin Arnovitz referenced a stat the other day when talking about another team in the West.  Basically theres a company with proprietary software that reviews where a teams defenders are and what the expected shot value is. So basically if hezonja leaves Klay Thompson wide open in a game and Klay goes 0-5 from three it wasn't good defense, its just luck because klay shoots 56% or whatever when he's wide open.  So even though klay scored 0 points the expected value was 8.4 points.  

Anyway, we're bottom 3 in whatever they call that stat. I think a lot of that has to do with poor defensive rotations from vucevic.  

18 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I go back and forth with that.  Not sure i want to be the one giving deandre big money next year.  Or maybe it's exactly what we need to stick next to Gordon and Isaac to create a dominant defensive team.  

Yeah but wouldn't it be worth it for at least a season?

We don't have to give him a contract.

16 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think we could stick Chris paul at point guard and still be stuck with an unfortunate ceiling due to poor rebounding and interior defense.  

Zach Lowe and Kevin Arnovitz referenced a stat the other day when talking about another team in the West.  Basically theres a company with proprietary software that reviews where a teams defenders are and what the expected shot value is. So basically if hezonja leaves Klay Thompson wide open in a game and Klay goes 0-5 from three it wasn't good defense, its just luck because klay shoots 56% or whatever when he's wide open.  So even though klay scored 0 points the expected value was 8.4 points.  

Anyway, we're bottom 3 in whatever they call that stat. I think a lot of that has to do with poor defensive rotations from vucevic.  

This does not surprise me. And sounds about right.