Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I know but I'm not talking about the "market". When a star or just a good player is traded it's a different market.

I hear you. I still don’t think EP and Vooch do much in a trade. Our real assets are AG, JI and picks, which we can’t afford to give up (e.g. EP and Dipo trades).

Just now, Soul Bro said:

I hear you. I still don’t think EP and Vooch do much in a trade. Our real assets are AG, JI and picks, which we can’t afford to give up (e.g. EP and Dipo trades).

When you include Fournier who's still considered young, and not in his prime yet on a reasonable contract, I think you have options.

48 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Any thoughts on trying to pry Brogdon from the Bucks?

I like brogdon

Our gm drafted brogdon

Brogdon fits what we want to do. 

I have no idea how we'd get brogdon.  He makes so little and they have so much money committed and it'd have to be something like Simmons and Augustin for brogdon and teletovic or something like that

42 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

When you include Fournier who's still considered young, and not in his prime yet on a reasonable contract, I think you have options.

But those options exist outside of vucevic and Augustin for hill.  

Vucevic and Augustin don't remove us from any big trades.  If Charlotte offered us kemba walker but we had to take back the contracts of mkg and Marvin Williams we could match that with Fournier mack hezonja Payton.  

If Portland offered us lillard but we had to take back Evan turner we could also match that.  

47 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I like brogdon

Our gm drafted brogdon

Brogdon fits what we want to do. 

I have no idea how we'd get brogdon.  He makes so little and they have so much money committed and it'd have to be something like Simmons and Augustin for brogdon and teletovic or something like that

Jordan’s name has been mentioned in trade rumors for several weeks and, as one might expect, there isn’t a shortage of teams interested in him. According to sources, the Toronto Raptors, Washington Wizards, Minnesota Timberwolves and Bucks have shown the most interest in Jordan.

Sources said Clipper officials have targeted three Bucks in any deal for Jordan. One is John Henson, who is currently the team’s starting center, while the others are reigning Rookie of the Year Malcolm Brogdon, who lost his starting spot when Bledsoe came aboard, and standout swingman Khris Middleton.

The Clippers, I’ve been told, are adamant in acquiring at least two of the aforementioned Bucks and may even demand all three of them.

From a contractual standpoint, Jordan is being paid $22.64 million this season. Middleton and Henson are collecting $14M and $11M, respectively, while Brogdon is being paid $1.31M this season.

The Bucks have let it be known throughout the league that they want to add a physical big man to their roster, a void that was created when they dealt Greg Monroe and future draft picks to Phoenix for Bledsoe.

http://woelfelspressbox.com/2017/12/jordan-becomes-center-of-bucks-attention/

Maybe we can get involved in a 3 way, but gotta believe the Clips would want to keep Brogdon in this scenario.

Just a thought: Who is more of a problem, Elfrid or Vucevic?

My thinking is that a lot of people think Vucevic is untradeable because his value to us is greater than his value would be to any other team. I could see a healthy and more experienced Isaac making up for a lot of the issues with Vucevic. It's not a perfect situation, and Vuc will always have his problems, but he does have value on the offensive end, and he has his moments as a defender - and oh how rare they are.

Payton, though, through long stretches has no value at all. Sometimes he looks great, usually for a quarter or two before fading into nothing again. Even serviceable Payton is as rare as okay defense Vucevic. I think almost everyone here sees that we should be starting DJ Augustine at PG, because however much his size limits his defense, he at least fights around screens and doesn't generally lose focus and allow wide open threes. Offensively, his shooting really helps the offense spread out and attack.

When putting Augustine in the SL is an obvious improvement, does that not tell us that Payton is more the problem than Vuc. Of course, because Payton has exactly 0 value as a trade asset, it would cost Vuc to fix the PG situation. This team is a mess. Imagine if instead of throwing money at Biyombo and Augustine last offseason, we'd just looked to sign Hill to a multi-year deal, or Teague. But no, that might have threatened Payton... seriously,  I hate being right about that kid.

41 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Vucevic and Augustin don't remove us from any big trades.  If Charlotte offered us kemba walker but we had to take back the contracts of mkg and Marvin Williams we could match that with Fournier mack hezonja Payton.  

If Portland offered us lillard but we had to take back Evan turner we could also match that.  

Those are the two guys I had in my mind too when I started this conversation.

34 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Who is more of a problem, Elfrid or Vucevic?

Vucevic.  

Payton's issues are resolved by making him a backup while you look to find value for him or just let him leave in the summer.  

Vucevic creates more problems if he's benched.