Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

And this talk of the playoffs is silly. We need to be patient and develop our guys with the right guys around them. Is it any wonder that Dipo and Harris developed better away from Orlando? Might that be related to the roster we had and still have in place?

I think Fournier is worth about as much as any shooting guard than can put up 14-16ppg on a good team.  

Bojan Bogdanovic on an expiring deal was worth the 22nd pick. Avery Bradley was traded for morris.  

So Fournier, in a vacuum, could probably get us Reggie Jackson or Steven Adams or someone in that same range that wants to trade a middling non shooting guard for a middling shooting guard

23 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

No, I don’t believe that deal for DMC was there. And, no, I don’t believe Fournier, Vuch, EP and Mario are great tradable assets that could land us anything great. Fournier is probably worth a mid-round prospect, while Henny couldn’t give Vooch away a year ago. EP and Mario aren’t even worth a decent pick. I think you are way overrating our roster.

http://www.12up.com/posts/4591722-report-eastern-conference-team-turned-down-demarcus-cousins-trade

The way you think is hopefully the complete opposite the way management thinks. Some times you gotta stop knocking your side down and start trying to simply win in a deal with the cards you have.

Stop having such a settling mindset.

19 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

And this talk of the playoffs is silly. We need to be patient and develop our guys with the right guys around them. Is it any wonder that Dipo and Harris developed better away from Orlando? Might that be related to the roster we had and still have in place?

Yup because losing has done wonders.

Keep hitting your head against the wall. Let me know if/when that headache goes away.

6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think Fournier is worth about as much as any shooting guard than can put up 14-16ppg on a good team.  

Bojan Bogdanovic on an expiring deal was worth the 22nd pick. Avery Bradley was traded for morris.  

So Fournier, in a vacuum, could probably get us Reggie Jackson or Steven Adams or someone in that same range that wants to trade a middling non shooting guard for a middling shooting guard

A "package" for a team that blows it up. Not a single player.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

A "package" for a team that blows it up. Not a single player.

And hill would be better in a package than vucevic and/ or Augustin because vucevic is one of many offense, no defense centers that remain on the market like Jonas Valenciunas, Monroe, kanter, etc and Augustin is a replacement level player with a contract through 2020

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

And hill would be better in a package than vucevic and/ or Augustin because vucevic is one of many offense, no defense centers that remain on the market like Jonas Valenciunas, Monroe, kanter, etc and Augustin is a replacement level player with a contract through 2020

I won't dispute that but it limits us at the deadline.

39 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Wtf!!! Seriously do we have the same training and rehab staff we had when g hill was here? If so then again WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess with a grade 2 sprain it can be up to 8 weeks

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

http://www.12up.com/posts/4591722-report-eastern-conference-team-turned-down-demarcus-cousins-trade

The way you think is hopefully the complete opposite the way management thinks. Some times you gotta stop knocking your side down and start trying to simply win in a deal with the cards you have.

Stop having such a settling mindset.

It really does not matter what I think. What matters is what the market dictates players are worth. I hope you are right and a package of Vooch and company fetches a great return or a star.

All of this talk is so maddening because two summers ago people like Mauro and I were begging to trade EP and Vooch. Instead, we traded Dipo and Sabonis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It really does not matter what I think. What matters is what the market dictates players are worth. I hope you are right and a package of Vooch and company fetches a great return or a star.

I know but I'm not talking about the "market". When a star or just a good player is traded it's a different market.