Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Isaac already ruled out for tomorrow night’s game. There goes the needs a couple of days of practice theory

Tanking i guess

Ok. I see that a lot of people here value Vuch a little too much. 

How about if we get Vuch off this trade talks and instead add Fournier, Biz and DJ for Hill, Randolph and Vince. Will that make any difference on how some of you feel about Hill’s contract? 

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

Ok. I see that a lot of people here value Vuch a little too much. 

How about if we get Vuch off this trade talks and instead add Fournier, Biz and DJ for Hill, Randolph and Vince. Will that make any difference on how some of you feel about Hill’s contract? 

That would make us considerably worse.  Randolph and Vince are worse than Fournier and biz

Seat status: Hot, hot, hot

Frank Vogel, Magic

Vogel is in the second season of a four-year deal, and he has shown he is a pretty good NBA coach. However, he might not be the right coach for the young Magic, a team with a brand new front office still trying to figure out a direction — any coach not hired by the team’s new front office sweats each loss a little more than others.

Because of his contract, which is slated to pay him $22 million total, Vogel will likely last the year. After that, a change could be in the offing for Orlando.

Not sure I agree with this, but I can see Weltman/Hammonds bringing in their own coach.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-coaches-fired-rankings-hot-seat-2017-doc-rivers-clippers-billy-donovan-thunder/1f8o2tqf3k5ld1xxsfu0242yib

59 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Here's another issue I have. I wouldn't make that trade right now because if you give up assets and better opportunities presents themselves by the deadline, you've missed out and combine with the belief I have that Hill wouldn't make much a dent even at 100% capacity, I just don't feel comfortable making that deal right now.

This board greatly overvalues these supposed "assets." Are you referring to your trade of DJ, Mario and Vooch? Do you really believe those are solid assets? As to the playoffs, I don't care if we make the playoffs. Rather, I care about the development of Gordon and Isaac, and neither are going to develop well alongside EP and Vooch. 

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

That would make us considerably worse.  Randolph and Vince are worse than Fournier and biz

Ehh.. debatable. JK. This is if we really considering to tank.

My point was not really about the players but the contracts. Some people cant get pass the numbers but this is how people around the league value our players. If we are making moves is to have the  2018 or 2019 free agency in mind. Im sure new management wants to do a complete clean out and get  off of some of those big contracts. 

This move will open our cap space for both the 2018 and 2019 free agency. I am expecting for Vuch to be moved as well.

I agree with you. We will be worse this year but we might have a chance to be better in 2018 or 2019.

35 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

This board greatly overvalues these supposed "assets." Are you referring to your trade of DJ, Mario and Vooch? Do you really believe those are solid assets? As to the playoffs, I don't care if we make the playoffs. Rather, I care about the development of Gordon and Isaac, and neither are going to develop well alongside EP and Vooch. 

Agree! But I will have to add Fournier here as well. 

58 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

What trade  can you conceive of that is unavailable by not having vucevic? He's not necessary or particularly valuable on the market

I don't know but it seems like there's always one star or one good player that becomes disgruntled or available every year and gets traded. Last year was DMC.  Fournier and Vuch would've gotten that done.

I'd do the Hill trade at the deadline but doing it now seems like a mistake we've made before.

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I believe his best years are behind him, but I also believe the definition of insanity has been at play in Orlando with EP and Vooch for far too long. We have virtually nothing to lose and perhaps something to gain. All aboard the Hill train!

I totally understand new management wanting to evaluate the players that we already have. Now that they have all had a chance to show what they have it's time to shake things up and get off the treadmill. Most of the players we have would be great bench players on a competitive team and we have a lot of picks so let's get busy and grab the best players we can.

57 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Fournier and Vuch would've gotten DMC so this is not just some over exaggeration. Are you gonna tell me you wouldn't of done that trade?

If a team decides to blow it up and rebuild a package of Fournier, Vuch, EP, and Mario with a first rounder is a nice starting point and you better start caring about the playoffs if you truly care about development. Continuing to suck doesn't develop anything but more losing.

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

The reasons why I see it as a possibility? New management has their philosophy which may differs from Frank's and I really didnt agree with the way Frank has handled some things. His subtle criticism of AG forcing things publicly and not doing the same with Fournier and his tendency to not stagger the lineups.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Fournier and Vuch would've gotten DMC so this is not just some over exaggeration. Are you gonna tell me you wouldn't of done that trade?

If a team decides to blow it up and rebuild a package of Fournier, Vuch, EP, and Mario with a great rounder is a nice starting point and you better start caring about the playoffs if you truly care about development. Continuing to suck doesn't develop anything but more losing.

No, I don’t believe that deal for DMC was there. And, no, I don’t believe Fournier, Vuch, EP and Mario are great tradable assets that could land us anything great. Fournier is probably worth a mid-round prospect, while Henny couldn’t give Vooch away a year ago. EP and Mario aren’t even worth a decent pick. I think you are way overrating our roster.