Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I believe his best years are behind him, but I also believe the definition of insanity has been at play in Orlando with EP and Vooch for far too long. We have virtually nothing to lose and perhaps something to gain. All aboard the Hill train!

Or you can get in on a better trade and have DJ run the pg spot. I mean he's been just as good if not better than Hill this season and he's cheaper.

59 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I can see your point. However that doesnt tell the whole story. 

First of all, Hill is playing off the ball as a SG in Sacramento. He is Better as a PG.

Second, He seems to be unhappy in  the current situation and the coaching staff seems to be playing more attention towards the young core. 

Third and more importantly, He is a much better defender that DJ or Payton currently are. He also  played under Vogel in the past sucessfully and he does excel when the team plays to win. 

He is not the perfect player but surely is better than what we currently have. 

We can continue to play the current core of players but rest assured  that we are not making the playoff anytime soon if the core remains intact. 

Does bringing in Hill, minus Vuch, with Biz as our 5, make us a playoff team?

19 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Does bringing in Hill, minus Vuch, with Biz as our 5, make us a playoff team?

Not with the current injuries. 

10 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

That's what he does. He becomes elite level Rajon Romeo for a run and gets all our hopes up

Rajon Romeo sounds like the world's greatest wingman

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Or you can get in on a better trade and have DJ run the pg spot. I mean he's been just as good if not better than Hill this season and he's cheaper.

How bad would dj's numbers look if he played shooting guard next to Payton with with two centers in the game at all times? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don't mind Hill and think he would be an improvement at PG, in a vacuum. Just not a fan of his contract at all

Eh, the contract would have zero impact on our finances next year as its pretty much the same thing as keeping vucevic and Augustin and actually saves us money the following year as its only guaranteed for 1 million. 

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

How bad would dj's numbers look if he played shooting guard next to Payton with with two centers in the game at all times? 

Probably not much different than Hill's. I mean Hill's numbers aren't so unattainable that DJ couldnt duplicate in the same situation.

I get the money we'd save in two years. I get he worked well with Frank a few years ago and he's solid but I'm not impressed with his overall body work. He has a few seasons where he looks like a solid starter for whatever reason but besides that, nothing great.

Here's another issue I have. I wouldn't make that trade right now because if you give up assets and better opportunities presents themselves by the deadline, you've missed out and combine with the belief I have that Hill wouldn't make much a dent even at 100% capacity, I just don't feel comfortable making that deal right now.

If that deal is there at the deadline, and we're around or above 500, ok.

27 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

if you give up assets and better opportunities presents themselves

What trade  can you conceive of that is unavailable by not having vucevic? He's not necessary or particularly valuable on the market

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Eh, the contract would have zero impact on our finances next year as its pretty much the same thing as keeping vucevic and Augustin and actually saves us money the following year as its only guaranteed for 1 million. 

If there's no better path at obtaining a good PG then sure, I'd do it