Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Henny was doing great until he started getting micromanaged.  That's why I have nothing against Hennigan.  He was just severely unlucky.  The micro management along with the not losing out enough for REAL draft acquisitions screwed him over.   The oladipo trade was a WIN NOW move to me due to the pressure our management and organization put on him to keep his job that he was going to lose anyway.  

I'm truly starting to believe our problem is management and ownership more than anything now.  I can even extend this to the Van Gundy drama in which they placed Howard's priority in front of Van Gundy's priority which ultimately led to his axing.  Then Otis Smith started trading assets for his best friends. 

Now we can't keep a coach for more than 3 years.  The Magic players we put on court are skittish deer.  The Organization has built up a reputation of starting decent then falling apart 25% of the way through the season.  The culture here is severely....severely damaged.  Its critical...the Magic are in a coma.  

Some people blame Hennigan for the culture he instilled here.  You can say that's most likely the damage he caused but it's not only up to the GM to instill the culture. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is merit in these post as much as it pains me to acknowledge. I have been a fan since inception of 1989 and I’m running out of patience. It pains me to say it but this is my last run with Weltman and company as it’s just too frustrating to watch this mismanagement. Yes, Mr. Stickle I to am contemplating seeing myself out. 

4 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

There is merit in these post as much as it pains me to acknowledge. I have been a fan since inception of 1989 and I’m running out of patience. It pains me to say it but this is my last run with Weltman and company as it’s just too frustrating to watch this mismanagement. Yes, Mr. Stickle I to am contemplating seeing myself out. 

Weltman and co have been running this for 20 some odd games and you’re already giving up? 

The magic have lost since the beginning of the season four starters for ten games or more plus our productive first round pick for over a month and our back up pg for multiple games. What other team in the league has had to go through this?

we can all be great at hindsight. But a lot of us were not fans of Harris and although some wanted to keep oladipo he was not as productive as Evan at the time we traded him at similar ages. Last year Vic was even worse at okc. He went back to his college area where he was treated like a god and his ego was boosted to a new level and his game also. Would that have happened here? Who knows!

we all should be thrilled at AG's improvement and Isaac's possibilities. That is something to build around. We do have assets to move and get a more athletic balanced team. 

Be patient. I know it sux!!! I have been a fan since nick Anderson was drafted. So I am extremely knowledgeable of the disappointment this team can give. But I have learned to look for the bright spots. And right now I believe we have a player on the precipice of becoming a great player and one who has all the skills to join him. I will revel in that. I hope you all will to. 

Go Magic!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Henny was doing great until he started getting micromanaged.  That's why I have nothing against Hennigan.  He was just severely unlucky.  The micro management along with the not losing out enough for REAL draft acquisitions screwed him over.   The oladipo trade was a WIN NOW move to me due to the pressure our management and organization put on him to keep his job that he was going to lose anyway. 

This is crap. This is like saying Skiles quitting wasn't Skiles' fault, because the team had issues at PG that Hennigan wouldn't fix. No. Skiles' job was to coach the team. He quit. Hennigan's job was to manage the team under the direction of ownership, and he failed at that. Was he allowed to do things exactly his way and only his way? Probably not. Are you, at your job? Is anyone, ever? He clearly chose Fournier over Oladipo. There's no reason to think ownership would have made him do that. He clearly thought Ibaka would be better than he was, bringing in his old buddy - along with Green - reminiscent of Otis Smith. Ownership didn't make him think that. He clearly thought Payton was a franchise leading PG. Ownership didn't put that notion in his head. Stop defending the GM who took a winning franchise and turned it into a laughing stock.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Oladipo was not as productive as Evan at the time we traded him at similar ages.

This is just patently untrue. Fournier was a slightly more efficient scorer for a single season (contract year), and he was demonstrably worse at literally everything else on the floor. He was a worse defender, a worse passer, a worse decision maker in late-game situations, and a much worse rebounder. Vic was worse at OKC, just like established star Paul George is worse at OKC. There's a factor that is perhaps missed by your assessment, namely Russell "I can do whatever I want now" Westbrook. Vic was always better than Fournier; he's just now waaaaaay better than Fournier.

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The magic have lost since the beginning of the season four starters for ten games or more plus our productive first round pick for over a month and our back up pg for multiple games. What other team in the league has had to go through this?

we can all be great at hindsight. But a lot of us were not fans of Harris and although some wanted to keep oladipo he was not as productive as Evan at the time we traded him at similar ages. Last year Vic was even worse at okc. He went back to his college area where he was treated like a god and his ego was boosted to a new level and his game also. Would that have happened here? Who knows!

we all should be thrilled at AG's improvement and Isaac's possibilities. That is something to build around. We do have assets to move and get a more athletic balanced team. 

Be patient. I know it sux!!! I have been a fan since nick Anderson was drafted. So I am extremely knowledgeable of the disappointment this team can give. But I have learned to look for the bright spots. And right now I believe we have a player on the precipice of becoming a great player and one who has all the skills to join him. I will revel in that. I hope you all will to. 

Go Magic!

When I was 8 I watched us play against Houston in the finals. I shook my Go Magic sign and cheered like they could hear me from my grandmother's living room.

When I was 22 I worked at Wal-Mart and was scheduled to work each and every finals game 2nd shift. 

Through college my roommates and I opted to never have cable.

Now I'm incredibly blessed with my own business to work the hours the market gives me and a family that is happy to let me watch every game if I want. 

I'm happy to have something to cheer for in the present and a lot to look forward to with Gordon, Isaac, and Simmons.

Nothing's promised in this life and having a favorite sports team is a very fun and special thing. To be a fan of a team for life is an even more rare thing. 

I came out of college as our rebuild started and we drafted Oladipo. I've been watching pretty consistently since then. This year's team is by far the best weve had since the rebuild started and we have a nice bouquet of solid vets, and promising potential stars. 

I am still happy to have a team in Orlando and a team to cheer for and the time to do so.

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

This is the third consecutive year I've given up on Payton so I'd imagine he's probably going to go on a huge stretch of great games to reel me back in

Lol

16 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

This is the third consecutive year I've given up on Payton so I'd imagine he's probably going to go on a huge stretch of great games to reel me back in

The ultimate tease.

If you read my post more carefully I’m stating that I’m rolling with Weltman and company, but if this group can’t turn it around without making gross errors, I’m done. They absolutely deserve a chance to prove themselves and I remain optimistic. Please read carefully before calling others out.