Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Jahlil Okafor, Nick Stauskas and a 2nd rounder to the Nets for Trevor Booker

Great trade for both teams.Nets get two young reclamation projects who might pan out with better opportunities, for a player who's not part of their future. 76ers get a really good backup PF for two guys they weren't using. This is how a basketball team is supposed to make trades.

1 minute ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Um... I expected him to be a 20+ point scorer this year. Can't find where I said it, but I know I did somewhere. I am not shocked at all that he's so good (I'm surprised his shooting is THIS efficient, but I knew he would continue to improve and that his volume would be high). I've said for years he should be special when everything clicked for him. Said last year that he was in the exact worst place in the league for his skill set in OKC. So, no, literally at least me and Victor Oladipo expected him to play this good. Everyone was shocked because they didn't understand how terribly Orlando managed him, then how much worse OKC managed him.

I think 20 ppg on trash efficiency is what most expected as the 1st option. The crazy bump in efficiency nobody expected.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Literally nobody expected Oladipo to play like he's playing now. He was *horrendous* in that playoff series for OKC, there's a reason why everyone was shocked when Indiana did the trade.

I mean its looking more like Westbrook is to blame for that

7 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Jahlil Okafor, Nick Stauskas and a 2nd rounder to the Nets for Trevor Booker

I think He is going to flourish in Brooklyn. This is a good trade for Brooklyn.

They have impressed me so far with their roster moves this year. 

I think the combination of Russell, crabbe, Carroll  and Okafor will be relative competitive in the East. 

If they just agree to trade us Spencer D for Mario...

24 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think He is going to flourish in Brooklyn. This is a good trade for Brooklyn.

They have impressed me so far with their roster moves this year. 

I think the combination of Russell, crabbe, Carroll  and Okafor will be relative competitive in the East. 

If they just agree to trade us Spencer D for Mario...

Its smart because there's no way they can lose.  A second for Booker is a winning trade.  They get to rehabilitate stauskas and see if he's something.  If okafor is good and they cant resign him who cares. Its not like he screwed up their draft position.  If okafor is terrible and can't contribute to a winning team who cares.  

3 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

We should have a core of Dipo and Gordon, two hard-working guys who look right now like they would be a brilliant one-two punch to build an offense around, not to mention both being plus defenders. Instead, we have Gordon taking the 3rd or 4th most shots on the team while we try to build a team around Fournier and Vucevic.

This. It hurts just reading it :(

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

I mean its looking more like Westbrook is to blame for that

Pretty much. Victor had to play off the ball almost all the time when he was in OKC. Russell wasn't about to let anyone steal his Thunder. (No pun intended....)

On 9/25/2017 at 11:53 AM, Odin said:

Sounds good. Lets pack it up and go home.

(Seriously, I don't care if the fans don't have playoff expectations, but a player not having playoff expectations? That sounds like defeat already. (I understand that this might be a bit of an overreaction- but it is one thing to think it and another to say it)).

No, you're right. That's pretty pathetic.

You know what's going to suck? When Gordon avgs 20+ ppg while Fournier is out and Vuch takes a few more shots and avgs 20 and the front office thinks trading Fournier is the better action instead of Vuch.