Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

No i think its naive to expect much better than a useful player and a first year lotto pick when a similar player to vucevic was just traded as a salary dump.  

We'd be lucky to get anything substantial for him. That's why I've been packaging him with Fournier.  

I won't disagree with the difficulty but I sure as hell don't feel comfortable putting the starting 5 spot in the hands of Biz or Speights for the remainder of the season when playoffs is the goal.

So unless there's another deal to follow, I'll stick with my hell to the no on that one.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I won't disagree with the difficulty but I sure as hell don't feel comfortable putting the starting 5 spot in the hands of Biz or Speights for the remainder of the season when playoffs is the goal.

So unless there's another deal to follow, I'll stick with my hell to the no on that one.

Could always make the vuc trade early and see what happens. Time for another move

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Could always make the vuc trade early and see what happens. Time for another move

Like what?

Think you have to do something else fast because Biz as a starter worries me despite his recent performance.

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I think one can want to get rid of Vuch while still having the concerns that Magicman28 expresses above about giving the keys to Biz, Birch, and Spieghts. I also agree that having Payton and Biz out there at the same time means playing 3 vs 5 on offense and I think we’ve seen that can be very problematic. One thing we could do right now, though, would be to split up Vuch and Fournier. Force them both to pass to someone else.  I don’t even care which one comes off the bench, just pick one. 

14 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I think one can want to get rid of Vuch while still having the concerns that Magicman28 expresses above about giving the keys to Biz, Birch, and Spieghts. I also agree that having Payton and Biz out there at the same time means playing 3 vs 5 on offense and I think we’ve seen that can be very problematic. One thing we could do right now, though, would be to split up Vuch and Fournier. Force them both to pass to someone else.  I don’t even care which one comes off the bench, just pick one. 

They'll just be even more toxic and lose the little value they have. Just got to ride it out until the opportunity arises.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

You'd be comfortable with Biz, Birch and Collins?

Well, the points we give up in the paint almost every night more than nullifies the points we get from Vuc. He's had a long time to decide if he wants to play D or not and the effort just isn't there most of the time. There isn't much market for 5s that don't play D so I'd be happy with whatever we get. If we have to suck for another season (like we already are) and revamp through the draft and trades then so be it. We are not going to get much for Vuc without adding a decent player or pick.

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Like what?

Think you have to do something else fast because Biz as a starter worries me despite his recent performance.

I think Biz would be OK as a starter as long as we don't throw him any hot passes or expect him to dribble or pass. Passing to him on the top of the key is just stupid. He is here to defend, set screens, and get boards/putbacks. If we try to use him for anything more than shame on us.

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think Biz would be OK as a starter as long as we don't throw him any hot passes or expect him to dribble or pass. Passing to him on the top of the key is just stupid. He is here to defend, set screens, and get boards/putbacks. If we try to use him for anything more than shame on us.

Biz getting the ball at the arc happens so often it’s ridiculous. Most of the time it’s from Mario, but whoever it’s from it never ends in a good possession. 

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

He's ok until he reverts back to October Biz.

I'm not on board with intentional sucking this year either.

31 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Like what?

I Will offer Vuch and Mack for  George Hill and koufos 

Then send Payton and Mario to Phoenix for Chandler and a pick. 

31 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I Will offer Vuch and Mack for  George Hill and koufos 

Then send Payton and Mario to Phoenix for Chandler and a pick. 

Thankfully you are not GM lol

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

He's ok until he reverts back to October Biz.

I'm not on board with intentional sucking this year either.

If we don't make some good trades there won't be any need for intentional, we already suck LOL