Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm so looking forward to the day when I click on RealGM and there is news of a totally unsuspected trade for Vuc, Fournier, Mario, and our pick for 2 great players that will put us up to the next level. 

Doesn't even have to be to "the next level". Just a moderate improvement with potential for more. Everyone is expendable except AG and Isaac. We're not that far off from being competitive. This season itself is salvageable but it's becoming increasingly unlikely our current roster will suffice. That 9 game losing streak was brutal. Exposed serious flaws that aren't just going to magically disappear.

This team is so frustrating.

29 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ehh That would be a same level move. Not next level. 

I agree but I think that's the best you could get from that group

4 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm so looking forward to the day when I click on RealGM and there is news of a totally unsuspected trade for Vuc, Fournier, Mario, and our pick for 2 great players that will put us up to the next level. 

That package wouldn’t even get you one great player. Plus, anyone who wants Mario won’t trade for him because they can’t offer more than his 4th year option, so if he showed ANY signs of life, someone will offer him more on potential. 

I’d be stoked to get rid of Vuc for just about anything right about now. 

• Like 1

From Nov. 11 through their blowout loss Friday night to the Golden State Warriors, the Magic allowed more points per possession than any team in the NBA, according to the league’s statistics database. It’s no surprise, then, why the Magic lost 10 of their 11 games during that stretch...

Payton struggles to navigate screens, and many scouts have said Payton doesn’t move well laterally and doesn’t compete hard enough defensively. Fournier isn’t quick enough to defend many shooting guards and has a length disadvantage against many small forwards. Gordon is a supremely versatile defender, but he can get outmuscled by bigger, stronger, taller power forwards. And Vucevic doesn’t protect the rim well, and opposing teams often force him to defend pick-and-rolls.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-defense-1203-story.html

50 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

From Nov. 11 through their blowout loss Friday night to the Golden State Warriors, the Magic allowed more points per possession than any team in the NBA, according to the league’s statistics database. It’s no surprise, then, why the Magic lost 10 of their 11 games during that stretch...

Payton struggles to navigate screens, and many scouts have said Payton doesn’t move well laterally and doesn’t compete hard enough defensively. Fournier isn’t quick enough to defend many shooting guards and has a length disadvantage against many small forwards. Gordon is a supremely versatile defender, but he can get outmuscled by bigger, stronger, taller power forwards. And Vucevic doesn’t protect the rim well, and opposing teams often force him to defend pick-and-rolls.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-defense-1203-story.html

This is why we need to get iwundu more time on the court and how badly we miss the small things that Isaac does that don't show up on the stat sheet. 

• Upvote 1

Be interesting to see how we play against the Knicks after the Golden State debacle.  We didn’t compete well at all in that game, and this team hasn’t historically bounced back well after big losses. We should, everything else being equal, have a decent chance against the Knicks.  Let’s see what we bring to this one. 

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Be interesting to see how we play against the Knicks after the Golden State debacle.  We didn’t compete well at all in that game, and this team hasn’t historically bounced back well after big losses. We should, everything else being equal, have a decent chance against the Knicks.  Let’s see what we bring to this one. 

That's what I'm hoping. In spite of the epic losing streak, all hope is not lost. Doesn't look good but we weren't going to beat GSW anyway.