Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

The advanced stats say our best defensive players last night were afflalo, Augustin, and vucevic.  

Weird.  

How much of that is skewed by Westbrook going wild in the 4th?

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/1/16722538/detroit-pistons-andre-drummond

So I was reading the above article on Detroit, which talks a good amount about the changes that Van Gundy has been trying to make up there, which seem to finally be bearing fruit this season. I think most of us on this board still respect Van Gundy as one of the better coaches in the league (and I would argue that he is also one of the more imaginative as well, finding ways to build competent offenses with limited star players), but it has taken him a while to finally get Detroit going.

The point being that there has been some talk on the board during the losing streak of possibly getting rid of Vogel. But the truth of it is that we have a flawed roster currently, and it might just take more time for him to really work out a good system.

22 minutes ago, Odin said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/1/16722538/detroit-pistons-andre-drummond

So I was reading the above article on Detroit, which talks a good amount about the changes that Van Gundy has been trying to make up there, which seem to finally be bearing fruit this season. I think most of us on this board still respect Van Gundy as one of the better coaches in the league (and I would argue that he is also one of the more imaginative as well, finding ways to build competent offenses with limited star players), but it has taken him a while to finally get Detroit going.

The point being that there has been some talk on the board during the losing streak of possibly getting rid of Vogel. But the truth of it is that we have a flawed roster currently, and it might just take more time for him to really work out a good system.

Cant expect miracles when new management is only in place for few months. Need to get a roster that they will be happy with before we can consider making another coaching change. And I dont think there is a need for a scape goat yet.

20 hours ago, Odin said:

Hey, he gets like one great pass to Biyombo a game (seriously, how does he suck so much when he flashes so much talent at times?)

But he also gives it to biyombo on the peremiter atleast 3 times a game...

18 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

The Magic have to win this if one of those players sit.  They cannot sit players against us without consequences.  

The Warriors announced that Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson and David West all are available to play tonight in Orlando. Andre Iguodala will miss the game with a sore left knee.

Denver star Nikola Jokic is expected to miss several games with left ankle sprain, but MRI results were negative on Friday, league sources tell ESPN.

We play them next week