Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm feeling chatty today...

One of the things that bothers me the most about this post-Dwight era is the lack of creativity from our coaches. We barely try new stuff and lineups. It would be understandable if we were winning games, but we've always been something between mediocre and terrible.

Most teams try different stuff and even adjust their starting 5 depending on the matchups, like the Celtics, Nets, Grizzlies etc.

I don't pretend to have the answers, but I'd really love to see us try some different lineups. Like Isaac at Center for a few minutes, or Vuc and Payton leading the bench, making our team more balanced, not just the starting 5.

Yep, notice how the very best teams are also constantly changing things up slightly? I think San Antonio is a perfect example of that. As successful as they have been, Pop is constantly tinkering with his line ups and with how they play as a team.

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It's great.  We need every break we can get

Good thing they went to overtime last night too. That might help a little. I bet that most play though.

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

plays Rocky theme.

Honestly, I still believe in Mario and we kinda need him to be the bad ads player he forecasted as being. If nothing else he should hit open threes and help swing the ball. hes got the skills for both

I believe in him to.. It would be fantastic if he could just come in hit shots.. Defend and that's it.. 

Jonathan Isaac is listed as OUT vs the Warriors tomorrow. 

Jeff Weltman said yesterday that he didn’t want to put a timetable on it, but that Isaac will be back “shortly.”

36 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It's great.  We need every break we can get

Eh. I think we need to be challenged. Develop mental fortitude. Well, we as in the the team besides the toxic duo because they can't even be tough in a win.

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Yep, notice how the very best teams are also constantly changing things up slightly? I think San Antonio is a perfect example of that. As successful as they have been, Pop is constantly tinkering with his line ups and with how they play as a team.

What SA and GSW do is just smart. They extend their regular season rotation to like 12 players so everybody is at least a little ready when it's time for the playoffs.

We can't afford to do that since we can't even make the playoffs :D but hopefully it's in our future

24 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Eh. I think we need to be challenged. Develop mental fortitude. Well, we as in the the team besides the toxic duo because they can't even be tough in a win.

We'll have plenty of time for that.  We needs wins now.