Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Ross is going to be out for a while.  Thought since there was contact it wouldn't be as bad.  Mcl sprain but tibial fracture

Dammit Payton you sais he wouls be fine!

He is going to be a huge miss for us! Dude does all the little things. If people thought we missed Isaac just you wait. 

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Possible to get an abridged dictated version for those of us stuck at work for a while?

He's way too stream of consciousness and my work blocked the message board so it'd be tough to do on my phone.  

But here's his parting thoughts: "I'm not saying he's giannis but sometimes i watch that Milwaukee team and as great as giannis is I'm a little freaked that everybody just stands around and watches giannis (rambles a bit) and i don't want to get carried away on the whole thing but if this is real with Gordon you have the makings of a guy that other guys will come to play with as opposed to an 18 and 9, dunks, as soon as you pay him you kind of regret that you pay him but you have to pay him because the production is there but the numbers don't mean anything. But you know i was really impressed last night."

Basically his point over the 10 minutes he spoke was ignore the numbers.  Look at all the crazy things he did in the first 7 minutes of the game where he caught that vucevic lob off a slip screen, hit a three off a bad pass, skied for a  rebound and threw a great outlook pass that created a Payton fast break, took a smaller guy into the post, switched onto Westbrook on d, and his handles. That makes Gordon special. A lot of guys can end up with 40 points.  There aren't a ton of guys with that variety to their game

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

He's way too stream of consciousness and my work blocked the message board so it'd be tough to do on my phone.  

But here's his parting thoughts: "I'm not saying he's giannis but sometimes i watch that Milwaukee team and as great as giannis is I'm a little freaked that everybody just stands around and watches giannis (rambles a bit) and i don't want to get carried away on the whole thing but if this is real with Gordon you have the makings of a guy that other guys will come to play with as opposed to an 18 and 9, dunks, as soon as you pay him you kind of regret that you pay him but you have to pay him because the production is there but the numbers don't mean anything. But you know i was really impressed last night."

Basically his point over the 10 minutes he spoke was ignore the numbers.  Look at all the crazy things he did in the first 7 minutes of the game where he caught that vucevic lob off a slip screen, hit a three off a bad pass, skied for a  rebound and threw a great outlook pass that created a Payton fast break, took a smaller guy into the post, switched onto Westbrook on d, and his handles. That makes Gordon special. A lot of guys can end up with 40 points.  There aren't a ton of guys with that variety to their game

That was a great listen.

That's exactly what I saw. Not just 40 points, but comes out and d's up Westbrook, then grabs a board, initiates a fast break and makes a great pass, then d's up George, then posts up and nails a turnaround fade away, can you imagine what he could be in 3-5 years?

I'm so glad he's a RFA. 

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Good write up, thanks.  Gordon definitely is a unique talent.  I hope that last night was indicative of an upcoming "let Gordon get tons of offensive reps" trend, but I also thought that would happen after the Brooklyn game.  Too bad that was derailed by the phony ball movement narrative. 

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

time for Hezonja to step up

tries not to laugh

Hey, he gets like one great pass to Biyombo a game (seriously, how does he suck so much when he flashes so much talent at times?)