Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Jonathon Simmons will start in place of Terrence Ross for the Magic tonight. So the starters will be Elfrid Payton, Simmons, Evan Fournier, Aaron Gordon and Nikola Vucevic.

.@OrlandoMagic coach Frank Vogel will make a change to the starting lineup tonight, opening the game with Jonathon Simmons and moving Terrence Ross into a reserve role. Vogel thinks defense is team’s most pressing issue for now.

Did not expect Ross to be the one who gets replaced in the starting lineup. 

Terrence Ross is 35/66 (53%) from the field and 15/34 (44%) from the three-point line in his last 10 games.

He’s also been the best defensive player on this team thus far.

Maybe coach Vogel thinks Ross is the scoring punch we need of the bench? I don’t know. Could get that with Fournier too.

To be honest I did not expect T Ross to be the fall guy... 

Let's hope it pays dividends.. But man if I'm T Ross I'm slightly pissed right now especially as he has probably been one of the BETTER defensive players on the roster.. Hmmm

Apparently our "stat guys" only know pts per game lol. Therefor Ross is weakest player in starting line up and cause of all our problems.

Maybe Vogel is just preparing the terrain.

First it starts with subbing EP and AG quickly out of games. Then take out Tross out of starting line up.

This only leaves Fournier and Vuc as remaining players. So they will be receiving whatever is next in store if results dont change.

No matter what happens, I think we can all agree that we went from 1 guy (AG) to having 3 guys that we really like (AG,Simmons,Isaac) and we didnt have a lot to work with this summer. Imagine if we can make same progress next year and then have 5 guys we really like. Yes we were all excited for this year but theres only so much that can be done with limited assets that our new management got to work with. Tradeline will be next opportunity for them, and hopefully we come out with another piece we really like to add to the above 3. (And not to replace 1 of them like some suggest).

28 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Jonathon Simmons will start in place of Terrence Ross for the Magic tonight. So the starters will be Elfrid Payton, Simmons, Evan Fournier, Aaron Gordon and Nikola Vucevic.

yawn

.@OrlandoMagic G Terrence Ross said it was partly his idea to move back into a reserve role, adding: "I just want to do whatever I can to help.`We’ve got a lot of good players in here and I just wanted to see where I could make more of an impact."