Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

At this point I feel the same about Gordon, or anybody on this team, but if I had to choose it would be between those two. Just my opinion.

When has Fournier been able to get others involved? 

21 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

When has Fournier been able to get others involved? 

He's usually put in position to score, but when he doesn't have the shot I like his decision making for the most part.

6 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

He's usually put in position to score, but when he doesn't have the shot I like his decision making for the most part.

I have to disagree. With that said I'm fine with Fournier on this team. I am not fine with his poor body language and underlying comments during interviews when things don't go as he deems fit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

You might want to reexamine that. He's been pretty terrible at that.  Especially last year when we tried to give him some responsibility running the offense.  

Evan makes relatively few passes per game relative to passes received.  A disproportionate amount of those passes go to vucevic (a third of his passes this year). 

I'm sick of Fournier. At the time of the decision to trade Oladipo and keep Fournier I was happy based on the circumstances (Oladipo about to get a massive pay day and knowing we could sign Fournier for less, plus the fact the team needed shooting and Oladipo struggled there). But now with hindsight I would have loved to have kept Oladipo with his much improved 3 ball and general play.

That's a fantasy land and there's no going back, but right now I'm just sick of Fournier, I hate his on court demeanor, bad body language and comments in interviews. I hate how he yells for a foul on every drive and complains hysterically with every foul against him. Having said all that I just can't see a way we can get better and get rid of him. 

Vuch I'm getting sick of having as our starting center and offensive focal point. I'd be happy to have him on the team if he was just sat down and told that the league has gone against the type of player he is and he will be best suited as the first player off the bench. He'd probably not be ok with that so then I'd prefer to just trade him and make it someone else's problem (starting a player that just doesn't fit in today's NBA. Other positions I think you can get away with it more but the center position I just don't think so).

18 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You might want to reexamine that. He's been pretty terrible at that.  Especially last year when we tried to give him some responsibility running the offense.  

Evan makes relatively few passes per game relative to passes received.  A disproportionate amount of those passes go to vucevic (a third of his passes this year). 

Evan should never have the responsibility of running the offense. But when he comes off screens he's usually in position to score, if not he passes to the open man. Which most of the time is to vucevic. As long as it doesn't lead to turnovers I'm happy with his decision making. 

7 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Evan should never have the responsibility of running the offense. But when he comes off screens he's usually in position to score, if not he passes to the open man. Which most of the time is to vucevic. As long as it doesn't lead to turnovers I'm happy with his decision making. 

He's come off screens 49 times this year.  43 times he's taken a shot.  5 times he's turned it over.  

How many assists you think are left there? 

14 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

He's come off screens 49 times this year.  43 times he's taken a shot.  5 times he's turned it over.  

How many assists you think are left there? 

Kudos to you for finding those stats. Maybe the plays I'm talking about aren't off screens. But from what I've watched his first option is to score, if it's not there pass to vucevic, if those two options aren't there kick it out to the three, and that person is usually Gordon.

“No one played well,” Arron Afflalo said. “I didn’t play well. I don’t feel anybody should feel like they played well when you lose like that at home. But our whole mentality as a group has to change into wanting your teammate to be better, enjoying watching your teammate be successful, because that’s the energy we need with the team that we have assembled. We’re very talented, but we need each other.”

Confirmation