Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I also believe there’s an ongoing tension of who is going to be the alpha dog between Fournier and Gordon

I really wish Gordon would cut the bull**** and just come out and say "I need to be the guy, I feel like the offense should run through me, give me the damn ball, I feel I'm the leader of this team" ect. 

If the coach or managment isn't going to give it to you then you take it and give them no other option. What are they gonna do? Bench him?

25 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I really wish Gordon would cut the bull**** and just come out and say "I need to be the guy, I feel like the offense should run through me, give me the damn ball, I feel I'm the leader of this team" ect. 

If the coach or managment isn't going to give it to you then you take it and give them no other option. What are they gonna do? Bench him?

I could see that if he came out like a LeBron, Kobe, etc but this is on Frank. 

Pop gave Kawhi the ball once the hard work started to show. Frank needs to stop sitting on the fence and assign the roles because the fence isn't holding and is about to break.

47 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think that is what's starting this losing streak. Nobody is coming out and saying it but guys are starting to be selfish. Nobody in this team is capable of being "the guy" even Gordon. He has gotten better but he's not there yet. They need to get back to ball movement.

5 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I think that is what's starting this losing streak. Nobody is coming out and saying it but guys are starting to be selfish. Nobody in this team is capable of being "the guy" even Gordon. He has gotten better but he's not there yet. They need to get back to ball movement.

Nobody is being that selfish.  The shots are being evenly distributed.  But we do have two guys pouting every time Gordon takes a shot that isn't an assisted dunk.  

28 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I could see that if he came out like a LeBron, Kobe, etc but this is on Frank. 

Pop gave Kawhi the ball once the hard work started to show. Frank needs to stop sitting on the fence and assign the roles because the fence isn't holding and is about to break.

I totally agree which is why I wish Gordon would say something. If Gordon want's to eventually be the guy he needs to exert himself as such. 

4 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Someone has to lead this team. Acting as if nothing is going on is worst than Gordon taking ownership of something that should be his even if he isn't quite ready.

13 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Nobody is being that selfish.  The shots are being evenly distributed.  But we do have two guys pouting every time Gordon takes a shot that isn't an assisted dunk.  

Idk it seems to me when things don't go our way players like Fournier, Gordon, and even Simmons sometimes. Feel as if they need to try to take over the game and they don't have the skills to do that

16 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:
18 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I totally agree which is why I wish Gordon would say something. If Gordon want's to eventually be the guy he needs to exert himself as such. 

Someone has to lead this team. Acting as if nothing is going on is worst than Gordon taking ownership of something that should be his even if he isn't quite ready.

Most won't agree with me on this but If someone needs to lead the team I feel it should be Payton maybe Fournier only because they can get others involved also

5 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Idk it seems to me when things don't go our way players like Fournier, Gordon, and even Simmons sometimes. Feel as if they need to try to take over the game and they don't have the skills to do that

We have two guys, two starters who gripe about things like benching and shots but doesn't put in the defensive effort when shots aren't falling. There in lies the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Magicman28 said:

We have two guys, two starters who gripe about things like benching and shots but doesn't put in the effort when shots aren't falling. There in lies the problem.

So I'm guessing we're talking about Vuch and Fournier 

2 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Most won't agree with me on this but If someone needs to lead the team I feel it should be Payton maybe Fournier only because they can get others involved also

Leadership is so much more than being able to get others involved. Neither guy you mentioned should be leading anything at this point. 

45 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Leadership is so much more than being able to get others involved. Neither guy you mentioned should be leading anything at this point. 

At this point I feel the same about Gordon, or anybody on this team, but if I had to choose it would be between those two. Just my opinion.