Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Odin said:

I mean isn't the easy comparison for Isaac a possibly 3 point shooting Kevin Garnett (lite)? By the end of his career, he was playing a good portion of his minutes at center.

I don't see KG at all. 

I think it's really hard to compare a guy like Isaac. The NBA body and skill set has changed so much the last 10 years that there may be few if any former players that equate to modern day Isaac if he reaches his potential. 

Too hard for me to project.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Where do you project him being a life version of KG? what attributes?

Length, defensive acumen, lateral ability for size, seems to have a pretty decent knack for understanding angles. Should get better at switching/ help/ team defense as he gets more time.

Looks like he can put on some more muscle, size, but KG's body is likely what he will have at his peak.

Not a really facilitator or ball handler, needs to be given the ball to do things on offense.

Has a good looking jump shot.

If you take out their personalities (they seem about as opposite as you can get), their games don't look that unfamiliar.

http://bkref.com/tiny/OkFCp

Their rookie stats (so far) are also fairly similar (of course understanding that the game has changed, etc. etc.)

In what ways is he not like KG play wise that you think I am missing?

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I don't see KD at all. 

Nor do I.

5 minutes ago, Odin said:

Length, defensive acumen, lateral ability for size, seems to have a pretty decent knack for understanding angles. Should get better at switching/ help/ team defense as he gets more time.

Looks like he can put on some more muscle, size, but KG's body is likely what he will have at his peak.

Not a really facilitator or ball handler, needs to be given the ball to do things on offense.

Has a good looking jump shot.

If you take out their personalities (they seem about as opposite as you can get), their games don't look that unfamiliar.

http://bkref.com/tiny/OkFCp

Their rookie stats (so far) are also fairly similar (of course understanding that the game has changed, etc. etc.)

In what ways is he not like KG play wise that you think I am missing?

Nor do I.

I see more KD than KG.

19 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I see more KD than KG.

I don't see it. Explain? I think I gave some pretty good reasons for the Garnett comparison.

2 hours ago, Odin said:

I don't see it. Explain? I think I gave some pretty good reasons for the Garnett comparison.

I agree with odin on this. Kd has an offensive mentality and gift. Kg more on d. Isaac leans towards a gifted defensive player with some offensive talent. Sounds like kg to me. 

43 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I agree with odin on this. Kd has an offensive mentality and gift. Kg more on d. Isaac leans towards a gifted defensive player with some offensive talent. Sounds like kg to me. 

Comparing Isaac to hall of famers in anything besides body/frame is wild to me. 

15 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I believe we are talking potential right?

About the only thing they have in common is defensive versatility, and Isaac still has a long way to go in that department. Otherwise it’s a bad comparison. Let’s see Isaac score in double digits more than once before the comparisons.