Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He’s surprised me

Yup.  My argument with him lately was he was hitting shots that their offense opened up for him.  So he was a role player that was doing his job really well vs a guy creating.  

But he manufactured points tonight.  I guess his best friend died yesterday.  

Smart was 0-7, including 0-3 from three, yet a +15. That dude is a pit bull off the bench. His nastiness sets the whole defensive tone for that team.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Smart was 0-7, including 0-3 from three, yet a +15. That dude is a pit bull off the bench. His nastiness sets the whole defensive tone for that team.

He's having a Ross season for his career

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

But at the same time does vucevic help Payton function buy improving the spacing? Are we a better team with someone like Tyson Chandler? 

Possibly but we need to eventually stop figuring out what's good for Payton and go with what's good for the team. 

If EP sucks with a better defensive C, but WE suck with a stretch non defensive 5, we need to move toward what works for US as a unit.

Only option is maybe seeing if NO is open to moving Cousins.

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Only option is maybe seeing if NO is open to moving Cousins.

We could’ve had Cousins last year for Vucevic and Fournier. Don’t think he’s even a blip on our radar. In terms of the Vucevic/Payton discussion, I think the right answer may be to move on from both.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

We might need to consider the viability of a team with vucevic. http://stats.nba.com/players/defense-dash-lt6/?sort=FGM_LT_06&dir=1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Totals

He's arguably the worst interior defender in the nba this year

Im glad you posted this because I have some recent thoughts about this team. 

Firstly how many minutes has Isaac played at the 5?

My thoughts are if we want Gordon to truly develop into a A or B player he needs the offense to be run through him more. More shots, touches, plays ran. To do that we must rid ourselves of a high usage player. That guy has to be Vuch. I can't find a reason why Vogel hasn't given the keys to Gordon already.

By the AS break I'd like to see Isaac at the 5 and Vuch traded for a solid role big that can rotate with Isaac. I'm not sure if Isaac will be ready but I'm also not sure it can negatively affect us.

• Like 1