Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Gotta agree with AG forcing things too much sometimes, noticed it on few posessions in last few games. I dont think its anything critical, but its definitely there.

He is at his best when he can catch and shoot or do a quick dribble and then a pullup. (or anything close to the rim).

He is at his worst when he tries to create something out of nothing. He is not good at that yet.

2 minutes ago, random said:

Gotta agree with AG forcing things too much sometimes, noticed it on few posessions in last few games. I dont think its anything critical, but its definitely there.

He is at his best when he can catch and shoot or do a quick dribble and then a pullup. (or anything close to the rim).

He is at his worst when he tries to create something out of nothing. He is not good at that yet.

Yeah but devil's advocate he does that like once a game and players are typically allowed to do that.  Its no different than a Fournier 30 footer or step back three.  

I think we're devoting way too much time to this topic.  Its not like he's Westbrooking around out there.  I get it if he's routinely killing possessions.  But as a "i haven't done anything with the ball in the last 6 minutes and i just want to do something on offense" move i think its fine.  

32 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yeah but devil's advocate he does that like once a game and players are typically allowed to do that.  Its no different than a Fournier 30 footer or step back three.  

I think we're devoting way too much time to this topic.  Its not like he's Westbrooking around out there.  I get it if he's routinely killing possessions.  But as a "i haven't done anything with the ball in the last 6 minutes and i just want to do something on offense" move i think its fine.  

Yeah, for sure. It's when whole team regresses to that style of play that it becomes a problem. But so far this season we have been pretty good getting out of it quickly. We have whole season to keep working on, and I expect it will keep getting better. Good habits will be easier to teach when we actually win.

• Upvote 1

We have the third most assists per game this season and the third most expected assists. Not bad for being without our 1 and 2 PGs for a couple games.

``I’ve got a lot of belief in Aaron Gordon and he’s one of the reasons that I took the job here with the Magic,’’ said Vogel, who is in his second season in Orlando. ``When a guy cares as much as he does and works as hard as he does, that impacts the group. And that type of attitude is infectious.’’

Gordon said what he is doing this season, improving as both a shooter and a decision-maker, is just the start because of the hunger that drives him.

``I want to win and be great and (Vogel) does too, so we’re very like-minded in that sense,’’ Gordon said. ``I want to win and be the greatest and I don’t care what anybody else thinks but my teammates, my coaches and my (family).’’

• Upvote 1