Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So I was thinking about Gordon and his rise a bit more today.

Eventually his shot isn't going to fall. Whether it be a slump or he just hovers around 33-38%. 

What makes a star player a star player is the ability to get a basket at all times. His true growth will show through if he is able to still find effecient ways to score. Does he attack the basket? Does he rebound more for putbacks? Does he play off the ball and slash?

If he continues to jack shots I'll be pretty dissapointed as that means his mental game will not have caught up with his physical game.

Really hope this is the turning point for him both mentally and physically.

That’s a good point and I agree with you on that 

31 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So I was thinking about Gordon and his rise a bit more today.

Eventually his shot isn't going to fall. Whether it be a slump or he just hovers around 33-38%. 

What makes a star player a star player is the ability to get a basket at all times. His true growth will show through if he is able to still find effecient ways to score. Does he attack the basket? Does he rebound more for putbacks? Does he play off the ball and slash?

If he continues to jack shots I'll be pretty dissapointed as that means his mental game will not have caught up with his physical game.

Really hope this is the turning point for him both mentally and physically.

That's why the playoffs is important to experience for AG. Things slow down and shots become harder to make.

He's got a post up game which is useful but he'll have to go to the basket too.

Good post.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's why the playoffs is important to experience for AG. Things slow down and shots become harder to make.

He's got a post up game which is useful but he'll have to go to the basket too.

Good post.

As bad as it sounds I'm rooting for some kind of shooting slump sooner rather than later just because I don't want him to get too comfortable with his shot. If it happens 30 games in he may be too reliant on a shot that has been remarkable thus far. 

I guess the unknown of his mental makeup scares me a bit. 

With that said we all know he is a hard worker and i think he finds a way to contribute offensively no matter what. 

The anology to Rondo and the big three a ways back holds a bit of merit - EP is not Rondo while Vuc, Fornier and Gordon resemble a semi big three at times. The longer  they are able to play together bodes extremely well for the Magic! In the short term our new fo has done a remarkable job along with coach Vogel - nobody expected a major improvement, but with that being said, as long as we can stay healthy (imho) huge leaps in intensity and competitiveness are being made!! A long tough stretch is coming up which should set the bar for the remainder of the year! Call me a homer - GO MAGIC!!!!!!

Extremely happy we are competitive this year, but like i said earlier, it's all about the health. We need to stay healthy and keep everyone playing together.  Everyone has a role this year, hopefully we can get into the playoffs. 

AG puts up 16-8 without his shot even falling.. Easy work for him. The guys shot is much improved. Long mate it continue and get better 

7 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

AG puts up 16-8 without his shot even falling.. Easy work for him. The guys shot is much improved. Long mate it continue and get better 

I don't think it can get better.  

46 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Can't believe I just read somebody on here say they can't wait for AG to have a shooting slump loooool.. 

I said "sooner rather than later" because it is inveitable. Read the whole post. 

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I said "sooner rather than later" because it is inveitable. Read the whole post. 

Not having a go at you obviously but wishing him to have a slump at all don't make sense. But cool. Each to their own