Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

We don't even need him to be Toronto biyombo.  We just need him to be late Charlotte biyombo

We just need him to be "generic big that you can stick out for 12-18 minutes without hurting the team" Biyombo.

17 minutes ago, Notguilty said:

Lol - olidipo and Tobias leading their teams against each other!

The Pistons are pretty good so far.

Jeff Van Gundy said on the ESPN broadcast of the Warriors-Wolves the Magic look really good and only lost recently because they didn’t have a point guard. Sorry, Shelvin Mack. LOOOL

Mario is gonna be gone after this season and I think our biggest mistake and regret will be never sending him to the G League. He could go there and whoop on fringe NBA players and get 40 minutes a game to get his stroke and confidence back. 

So our defense in games has been either amazing or terrible. It averages out to pretty good, nothing special.  

I don't know what this means long term.  Is it a good thing? (We have lineups we can go to that just get stops). Is it a bad thing?  (We're constantly shifting between lineups that are in an offensive boat race with the opponent to solid offense, great defense to terrible offense terrible defense)

36 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

So our defense in games has been either amazing or terrible. It averages out to pretty good, nothing special.  

I don't know what this means long term.  Is it a good thing? (We have lineups we can go to that just get stops). Is it a bad thing?  (We're constantly shifting between lineups that are in an offensive boat race with the opponent to solid offense, great defense to terrible offense terrible defense)

Well this is the season to see what we have. I expect trades will be made to flip the pieces that have negative impact either at trade deadline or in offseason.  We are playing good enough that there is no reason to panic. Lets wait for a good opportunity whenever it will present itself.

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

Just realized we play Denver on the second night of a back to back.  Pretty much zero chance we win that game.  

Yeah that’s a planned loss — hoping to be surprised tho , maybe Ross will score 50 or something lol

So I was thinking about Gordon and his rise a bit more today.

Eventually his shot isn't going to fall. Whether it be a slump or he just hovers around 33-38%. 

What makes a star player a star player is the ability to get a basket at all times. His true growth will show through if he is able to still find effecient ways to score. Does he attack the basket? Does he rebound more for putbacks? Does he play off the ball and slash?

If he continues to jack shots I'll be pretty dissapointed as that means his mental game will not have caught up with his physical game.

Really hope this is the turning point for him both mentally and physically.