Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

59 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I mean he's never averaged more than one TO a game. So what do you mean by much?

Yeah he has an issue of getting stripped in the lane but he never makes a bad pass. I'm talking about ball movement and court vision.

PG play is more than just passing. Dribbling is a big part of it. Mario doesn't get enough min to Ave high amount of turnover. What does his plus minus look like? That will tell use a lot. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Not now no. I'm talking about his rookie year.

He looked fine his rookie year. He has not improved and looks worse. 

2 minutes ago, LaVar said:

PG play is more than just passing. Dribbling is a big part of it. Mario doesn't get enough min to Ave high amount of turnover. What does his plus minus look like? That will tell use a lot. 

Plus minus doesn't help much considering its effected significantly by overlapping with biyombo.  

Mario shouldn't be point guard though.  I was just commenting on how different a player he was in 2015-2016

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

Plus minus doesn't help much considering its effected significantly by overlapping with biyombo.  

Mario shouldn't be point guard though.  I was just commenting on how different a player he was in 2015-2016

Point forward? At least groom him to be? 

7 minutes ago, RavenclawMagic said:

We're favored -5.5 fwiw

They played a tough game then had to get on a plane and travel here for a game tonight.  We're on 2 days rest at home.  We should win. 

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I mean he's never averaged more than one TO a game. So what do you mean by much?

Yeah he has an issue of getting stripped in the lane but he never makes a bad pass. I'm talking about ball movement and court vision.

the guy has a TO% at or above 20. That qualifies him for a TO machine label.

13 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

the guy has a TO% at or above 20. That qualifies him for a TO machine label.

He's also not getting a lot of minutes. That percentage takes a dive if he plays more minutes without committing more TO's.

I'm just hesitant on giving up on the kid. Drafting JI probably did exactly that but I still think he can be a good player. I just don't know if we're developing him correctly. I mean PF? Why? What did the staff tell him to work on?

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

They played a tough game then had to get on a plane and travel here for a game tonight.  We're on 2 days rest at home.  We should win. 

You’d think so