Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I’m not sure where this Hezonja sentiment is coming from. The team didn’t “mismanage” him. He CHOSE to do things his way. The team can’t force him to stay here in the offseason and put extra work in, or control his offseason habits. He’s not their slave lol. I’m not saying he’s sitting around playing video games, but he’s been given so many chances now. We have new management with a fresh eye, and they’re evaluating EVERYTHING. Unless he does a 180 and ups his play, no amount of shuffling him around will lead to anything positive. Now you guys want him to play point guard? Lol. Just because of a few highlights in his rookie season? That would actually be putting him in a position to fail. 

It wasn't a few "highlights".

13 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Trade AG. Would that land Lillard or CJ McCullum?  Or an actual GOOD PG? Plus biz to make $ work.... 2 birds...

PG X

Ross

FOURNIER

ISSAC

VUCH

Ugh. :svgsad:

37 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

It wasn't a few "highlights".

It was. Those were spot minutes, nothing consistent. And by all accounts he’s gotten worse since. Like I said, it would really hurt his value for the next team he plays for. 

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

It was. Those were spot minutes, nothing consistent. And by all accounts he’s gotten worse since. Like I said, it would really hurt his value for the next team he plays for. 

No it wasn't. He actually started at PG for a dozen or so games and played major minutes. He was the main facilitator and it was the largest span of good outputs in his young career so far.

Theres an article I recently read that goes into his passing and court vision and how good it is.

I'm not saying start him. I'm saying instead of treating him like Korver, which he isn't, maybe utilize his other strength which is moving the ball and court vision. Maybe it gets him going in other ways.

5 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I’m not sure where this Hezonja sentiment is coming from. The team didn’t “mismanage” him. He CHOSE to do things his way. The team can’t force him to stay here in the offseason and put extra work in, or control his offseason habits. He’s not their slave lol. I’m not saying he’s sitting around playing video games, but he’s been given so many chances now. We have new management with a fresh eye, and they’re evaluating EVERYTHING. Unless he does a 180 and ups his play, no amount of shuffling him around will lead to anything positive. Now you guys want him to play point guard? Lol. Just because of a few highlights in his rookie season? That would actually be putting him in a position to fail. 

I agree. I remember him sucking at pg. I believe it was the month we lost Payton and we had a big losing streak. It might have even have caused the Harris trade. Around the time Scott asked for Jennings.

The crazy thing about Mario to me is his change in athleticism. I remember him dunking on people in summer league and catching 1 hand lobs. Now he seems to barely be able to be over the rim at times. That draft Pick was on me. I was a big fan. But he has really regressed. J Ice / Isacc looks much better and comfortable on the court. Mario does not look like a three year player. He talks about how much he works but then I see him miss Easy Defensive rotations. I just shake my head. Dude, you Have been Pro since 12. Just watch the film.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I agree. I remember him sucking at pg. I believe it was the month we lost Payton and we had a big losing streak. It might have even have caused the Harris trade. Around the time Scott asked for Jennings.

The crazy thing about Mario to me is his change in athleticism. I remember him dunking on people in summer league and catching 1 hand lobs. Now he seems to barely be able to be over the rim at times. That draft Pick was on me. I was a big fan. But he has really regressed. J Ice / Isacc looks much better and comfortable on the court. Mario does not look like a three year player. He talks about how much he works but then I see him miss Easy Defensive rotations. I just shake my head. Dude, you Have been Pro since 12. Just watch the film.

Nah. He was at his best. I'm trying to find the data. Maybe P4TW can.

These are two articles though that talk about his court vision

http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2016/2/14/mario-hezonja-mid-season-scouting-report

https://sports.yahoo.com/orlando-magic-declined-mario-hezonjas-option-013731418.html

"As a teenage swingman for FC Barcelona, Hezonja was touted as the next great European player who would take the NBA by storm. Before a growth spurt, Hezonja was a point guard receiving Luka Doncic-level praise."

It wouldn't be the first time Vogel tried to force a square peg into a round hole. 

38 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No it wasn't. He actually started at PG for a dozen or so games and played major minutes. He was the main facilitator and it was the largest span of good outputs in his young career so far.

Theres an article I recently read that goes into his passing and court vision and how good it is.

I'm not saying start him. I'm saying instead of treating him like Korver, which he isn't, maybe utilize his other strength which is moving the ball and court vision. Maybe it gets him going in other ways.

He turns the ball over too much. I can't get behind him at pg.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Nah. He was at his best. I'm trying to find the data. Maybe P4TW can.

These are two articles though that talk about his court vision

http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/2016/2/14/mario-hezonja-mid-season-scouting-report

https://sports.yahoo.com/orlando-magic-declined-mario-hezonjas-option-013731418.html

"As a teenage swingman for FC Barcelona, Hezonja was touted as the next great European player who would take the NBA by storm. Before a growth spurt, Hezonja was a point guard receiving Luka Doncic-level praise."

It wouldn't be the first time Vogel tried to force a square peg into a round hole. 

I watched the games. There is a reason we have limited his useage. I wish he was better.

20 minutes ago, LaVar said:

He turns the ball over much. I can't get behind him at pg.

I mean he's never averaged more than one TO a game. So what do you mean by much?

Yeah he has an issue of getting stripped in the lane but he never makes a bad pass. I'm talking about ball movement and court vision.

7 minutes ago, LaVar said:

I watched the games. There is a reason we have limited his useage. I wish he was better.

You may of watched but you obviously forgot. 

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Trade AG. Would that land Lillard or CJ McCullum?  Or an actual GOOD PG? Plus biz to make $ work.... 2 birds...

PG X

Ross

FOURNIER

ISSAC

VUCH