Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Magicman28 said:

He'd be a lot better at it than Simmons imo.

I mean he has about one nice pass/ assist every game or so, what else do you need from a point guard? (Surely not dribbling skills or the ability to take care of the ball).

31 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

Ummm... have y’all seen Mario dribble?! Lol at him at point guard

Go back to his rookie year when he started at point under Skiles for a dozen or so games.

Hes got good court vision. 

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Go back to his rookie year when he started at point under Skiles for a dozen or so games.

Hes got good court vision. 

He’s not the same player he was then. I’ll give you that he has good court vision and he’s a good passer, but he’s the worst dribbler on the team. He’d be a turnover machine at point 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Play Mario Point Guard is the option 

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Dude is borderline as an NBA player at his natural position, but you think he should play point, where the fact that he can't dribble or make good decisions would be that much more of a problem?

2 minutes ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

He’s not the same player he was then. I’ll give you that he has good court vision and he’s a good passer, but he’s the worst dribbler on the team. He’d be a turnover machine at point 

I think it was mostly sarcasm but I don't know if he would be that much worse. Ball movement would probably be better.

10 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. Dude is borderline as an NBA player at his natural position, but you think he should play point, where the fact that he can't dribble or make good decisions would be that much more of a problem?

What is his natural position though? Or role?

I'm disappointed in his play so far but are we using him correctly? I like Vogel but this is the same coach who tried a half of a season to turn AG into PG. Could be Mario isn't being guided correctly? Would he be better as a Ben Simmons type of player? 

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

What is his natural position though? Or role?

I'm disappointed in his play so far but are we using him correctly? I like Vogel but this is the same coach who tried a half of a season to turn AG into PG. Could be Mario isn't being guided correctly? Would he be better as a Ben Simmons type of player? 

I think he'd be better as a Kyle Korver type of player. Have him run his balls off and find catch and shoot opportunities

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Klay Thompson would be an even better target. The guy barely dribbles

Ehh, those guys are deadeye marksmen. Like a Glen Rice.

I don't think that's Mario.

Imo, Mario should be groomed to be like Hedo.

I still think he'll get it one day. I just don't know if Vogel perceives him correctly.