Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

That'd be a stretch though.  Its his team.  Portland regularly wins.  They make the playoffs.  He's made it to the second round.  Don't see why he'd want to leave. He's signed through 2021

Yeah but the likelihood he'll see anything beyond  the 2nd round? 

The West is stacked. The East is more open.

We need to do something about the PG situation. I understand it's early, but if Payton AND DJ can't go we're not likely to win a game without both of them. We lost by 20 to Chicago. Our offense is in ruins. It's possible with work the guys we have figure some things out and we don't lose every game; but we are squandering our good start because we don't want to sign or trade for a stop-gap PG. What kind of veteran PG could we get for Mario, I wonder?

4 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

We need to do something about the PG situation. I understand it's early, but if Payton AND DJ can't go we're not likely to win a game without both of them. We lost by 20 to Chicago. Our offense is in ruins. It's possible with work the guys we have figure some things out and we don't lose every game; but we are squandering our good start because we don't want to sign or trade for a stop-gap PG. What kind of veteran PG could we get for Mario, I wonder?

I know the losses hurt but unless someone's out for 3-7 months don't expect a trade

6 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

There is no trade for Mario.  Nobody would ever want Mario because it actually hurts a team's ability to keep him by trading for him. Mario will get some interest in free agency next year but not picking up his option torpedoed any value he has on the trade market

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

There is no trade for Mario.  Nobody would ever want Mario because it actually hurts a team's ability to keep him by trading for him. Mario will get some interest in free agency next year but not picking up his option torpedoed any value he has on the trade market

Why the hell didn't we just pick up the option? If he's good great. If not we trade him for literally anything instead of losing him next year for absolutely nothing. Makes no sense. 

How much does this trade improve the Bucks? I think it moves them closer to 50 wins and maybe 4th seed, but I can't help but think that they are a second round team at best as constituted. Good trade for them though.

35 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Couldn't we find somebody to sign to a 10 day contract. Better yet, don't we have a G-league team that might have an OK PG on it?

Can't sign 10 day contracts until January

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Why the hell didn't we just pick up the option? If he's good great. If not we trade him for literally anything instead of losing him next year for absolutely nothing. Makes no sense. 

I think they panicked when Gordon started playing like an all star and they were put in a situation where they needed the extra cap space. Letting hezonja walk could be the difference between keeping Payton or not.