Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Hmm... looks like the Heat still pulled it out.  I'll have to watch highlights. 

Big win on the road also...... Give it up for the Heat....

Don't even talk about them.  Don't even give power to their name.  Golden State is the champion and they've overcome their slow start and look scarier this season with Jordan Bell, Patrick McCaw, and Nick Young.  Boston is the true worry in the east.  

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Atlanta beats Cleveland too. 

Cleveland sucks lol

That win against them doesn't look very good anymore. They've been trash so far.

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If Ross continues to struggle, it'd be cool to see Isaac get the start at SF. I don't think Vogel is to that point yet.

The problem is we had an offensive rating of 117.1 and a defensive rating of 107 for the 19 minutes Isaac wasn't playing last night. 

Our best lineup was still Simmons- Fournier - ross - Gordon - vucevic with a 137.7 ortg and 111.5 drtg mostly due to the third quarter.  

Simmons - Fournier - Isaac - Gordon - vucevic had a 67.3 offensive rating and a 58.9 defensive rating. 

I don't think Isaac is ready for that yet.  Its where we're going to end up eventually.  But i think its going to take a while to get there.  Maybe around all star. 

Additionally, we might never really see isaac starting at least this year.  Only because its really difficult to start Isaac and Gordon and also have Isaac as Gordon's primary backup because you pretty much have to play Gordon 12 straight minutes to start each half and foul trouble would really throw the rotation out of whack.  But i know that "starting" really means "primary lineup" which could happen as soon as Isaac gets some more feel for the nba. 

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I agree. What I love about Isaac is I can see him learning to play the three through the five, which is great for us. How are his defensive stats looking?

They are pretty good for a rookie, but not yet great.

According to bballref, his defensive rating is 101, tied for second on the team while NBA.com has him at 98.1 which is fifth on the team.

His steal % is 1.6% and block % is 4.6%, good for 5th and 2nd on the team respectively. (The block % puts him in the top 50 in the league without removing small sample sizes).

His defensive field goal percentages are not great right now as players are shooting about 3% higher against him than their averages.

While not necessarily that important, he needs to do a better job rebounding, as he is 132 in the whole league (again not controlled for small sample sizes).

That is what I have so far on him.

23 hours ago, jjgator said:

That win against them doesn't look very good anymore. They've been trash so far.

They'll be fine come playoff time because LeBron

13 hours ago, Skip to my Jameer 114 said:

I can’t help but watch Porzingis and think of the alternate reality of us getting him instead of Hezonja in the draft... *sigh

I tend to see things differently. Guys like Porz and Embiid don't bother me, because we couldn't have drafted them. It's the Pacers I can't watch. Dipo is looking like an All-Star, and Sabonis looks like a really solid player. And I was one of the few people who really wanted Myles Turner in the 2015 draft. I look at that team and think: "Imagine if we had Dipo, Sabonis, and Turner, instead of Ross and Mario."

5 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I tend to see things differently. Guys like Porz and Embiid don't bother me, because we couldn't have drafted them. It's the Pacers I can't watch. Dipo is looking like an All-Star, and Sabonis looks like a really solid player. And I was one of the few people who really wanted Myles Turner in the 2015 draft. I look at that team and think: "Imagine if we had Dipo, Sabonis, and Turner, instead of Ross and Mario."

Yeah.  But you also have to remember its not like we'd be able to run Payton - oladipo - Fournier - Gordon - turner - Augustin - Simmons -Isaac - vucevic

Eventually you have to make financial decisions. We had to choose between oladipo and Fournier and we chose Fournier.  Oladipo, Fournier, Gordon, turner would probably cost 90+ million. 

Would you guys rather have turner or Isaac?