Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

A month or so without being able to drive

Damn that really sucks, man. Can't imagine, hopefully recovery is fast and easy  

Might be a bit off topic, but the "pure magic" slogan doesn't really fit our new team. Something along the lines of the old "heart and hustle" slogan would fit a lot better with this new team that's, well... heart, and hustle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Close said:

Might be a bit off topic, but the "pure magic" slogan doesn't really fit our new team. Something along the lines of the old "heart and hustle" slogan would fit a lot better with this new team that's, well... heart, and hustle. 

Nah, let's leave the past in the past.

19 minutes ago, King Close said:

Warlando

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

This team is very 14-15 Atlanta hawks-ish

I should clarify.  I mean in style and unexpected success.  I don't think this is a 60 win team.  

They ended up being a joke and imploded so hopefully not.

2 hours ago, Payton4thewin said:

This team is very 14-15 Atlanta hawks-ish

I should clarify.  I mean in style and unexpected success.  I don't think this is a 60 win team.  

I was thinking something similar. I think I saw in an article Weltman talking about how he and Masai kind of lucked into the Raptors core by trading Rudy Gay and I kind of feel like there's something like that happening here. We haven't traded anybody but I think everyone thought this season would be a year for Weltman to take stock as we finished with a lottery pick but we've got some luck with Simmons and guys showing development and we might have a core here worth building around.

16 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I was thinking something similar. I think I saw in an article Weltman talking about how he and Masai kind of lucked into the Raptors core by trading Rudy Gay and I kind of feel like there's something like that happening here. We haven't traded anybody but I think everyone thought this season would be a year for Weltman to take stock as we finished with a lottery pick but we've got some luck with Simmons and guys showing development and we might have a core here worth building around.

See, I think of Portland overachieving after they lost Aldridge and Matthews to free agency. AG, Fournier, Simmons, and Vuc stepped up to be about as good altogether as Lillard and McCollum.

3 hours ago, jec said:

They ended up being a joke and imploded so hopefully not.

I mean it's likely that, in the playoffs when teams have time to gameplan for one team, teams are talented, and the game slows down we'll find ourselves overmatched.